Baltimore - DC and environs: Meet in Rockville, MD - Saturday, February 7!
Jan 17, 2004 at 9:59 PM Post #16 of 36
DAMN!! I've got to find a way to get to one of these meets one of these days. What a nice assortment of gear!!

Enjoy your meet folks.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by EyEPoD
Should I bring my new p500? its pretty heavy, (though not as bad as p600 or 1000) just wondering if there is any interest in A/Bing systems with it.

If you don't mind lugging it along with the rest of your stuff, I would like to test it out.

Eyepod, any chance your KGSS will be ready? I am having issues with Par Metal so I don't think my enclosure will get to Denis in time for him to get it done. (It is going to Larry at Larocco first)

Jan 17, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #18 of 36
Well i talked to Denis last week (1/10) and he said about 3-4 more weeks... so its gonna be a close call. Ill pay to have him overnight it if it comes down to the wire.

Jan 18, 2004 at 1:49 PM Post #19 of 36
Hey Hirsch, would it be possible to set up a system with the VPI turntable? I would like to see what a good turntable sounds like through headphones.

Jan 18, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Canman
Hey Hirsch, would it be possible to set up a system with the VPI turntable? I would like to see what a good turntable sounds like through headphones.

Yep. I plan to. Right now, my phono amp choices for the catridge on the VPI are limited, so I may have to use a transformer with an MM amp on an MC cartridge. I've ordered an amp that looks very promising, but can't be sure it will be here in time for the meet. It would also be very easy to hook my Ariston to a headphone amp (The Ariston has an interesting Sanus unipivot arm on it now, and is running a Grace F9E Ruby cartridge. I could just pull the output from my Cary LPP-1 phono amp. The Cary is a MM amp, so it won't really do justice to the Dynavector on the VPI).

Jan 18, 2004 at 5:44 PM Post #21 of 36
Hirsch,

The Camelot Lancelot I have is set up for a Dynavector right now. It can do MM/MC I can bring it over anytime in the following days. We can hook it up and see how it sounds with the Scout......

Jan 19, 2004 at 4:20 PM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by CD44hi
The Camelot Lancelot I have is set up for a Dynavector right now. It can do MM/MC I can bring it over anytime in the following days. We can hook it up and see how it sounds with the Scout......

That will work. We can try it out and see how it sounds. The EAR HP4 is sitting right there...
wink.gif

Just a reminder that if you're coming, please let me know. You can post to this thread, or send me an e-mail (use the e-mail link in my profile).

You can also use this e-mail address: moehoward9000@mindspring.com This is a temporary mailbox I set up (I don't like posting my main email publicly).

Directions will be sent out to everyone who has expressed interest about one week before the meet. I'll post after directions have gone out, so that you can contact me if I've missed someone.

Everyone who wants to come is welcome! Just let me know if you'd like to come so I can make sure you know where it is.

Jan 19, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #23 of 36
I have a friend of mine that attends Webb Institute and he is in Baltimore for the next five weeks because from December to February all students do an internship somewhere in the United States. I'll ask him regarding whether or not he can be there on the 7th, but he is apprentice of mine and I just got him into head-fi.

BANGPOD

Jan 20, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #24 of 36
Hi, Hirsch

As you might remember, I couldn't attend last year, but this time I'll try not to miss your "always-great" meeting.

I am planning on taking the following gear with me (that's all I have for now): Prehead 1, SONY D-25S and HD600 (stock cable).

I would appreciate if you sent me directions.

Thank you very much.

Jan 24, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #26 of 36
Directions will go out by next weekend, although anybody who makes up his mind after that and lets me know will still get them.

I've had people ask if they could come because they didn't have a lot of gear, or were younger than others. The answer is YES! The only requirement for coming is that you want to have some fun listening to headphones. Everyone is welcome!

If you want to come, please post to this thread, or email me, and I'll be sure that you get directions.

Jan 26, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #27 of 36
I just got some new toys I will be bringing. I have a PS Audio P300 power plant and I also bought a Ray Samuels Emmeline XP-7, which will hopefully arrive prior to the meet.

Jan 26, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #28 of 36
I'm planning on coming! I WANT to hear those Beyer 250-250s!!!! I have a bunch of phones, but they largely duplicate the lower end of what I've seen here. I can bring my Sony MDR-CD780s, Sony V6s, Senn HD497s, Senn HD280s, and Phillips HP170s if people are interested... I don't recall any mention of those.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2004 at 4:43 PM Post #30 of 36
The meet directions have gone out.

If you've posted to the meet thread, or contacted me by PM or email, you should have received a copy of the directions. If you haven't received them for some reason, please contact me and I'll get a copy to you.

If you haven't posted or contacted me yet, and would like to come, just let me know and I'll be happy to get directions to you.

See you Feb 7!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back