Ballet Night! (in the OC)
Oct 20, 2006 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AC1

500+ Head-Fier
Ok so three weeks ago was an orchestra concert. Now it is a ballet. Well here are some pictures of the new venue here in the Orange Count Performing Arts Center which opened maybe about three months ago.

This time I had a friend who had bought an extra ticket so I got to go. It was to see the Kirov Ballet perform Romeo and Juliet. Now I have not seen a ballet since the Nutcracker when I was in Jr High that was something like 17 years ago. Of course this was 3 and a half hours long with the intermissions.

The accoustics were interesting and reflected a very similar vein to the other concert hall. Mids were a bit more prominent and the top end was a bit muted. Everything had a not so super defined feel to it, very integrated sounding. Nanahachi mentioned at the other concert that strings were muted and underdeveloped the way the accoustics worked out. Well since this was a lot smaller orchestra, the strings were much more noticeably uderdeveloped as well. That did not really hinder the enjoyment of it though, it was still interesting with beautiful sets.

Well the OCPAC is a great venue and should be checked out if in the Socal area.

Entrance to concert hall.
10192006009.jpg

Stage and orchestra pit.
10192006016.jpg

The rest of the venue.
10192006015.jpg

Here is a shot of the other concert hall that we went to for the orchestra cocnert, this was taken from the balcony of ballet concert hall.
10192006023.jpg

Oct 20, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #2 of 4
Doh! I will try my best to not let my wife see this thread.

She really wanted to see this one. She saw it in the brochure when we were at the concert.

In fact. Can I have a mod delete this thread to eliminate all proof of it's existence?
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Oct 20, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Doh! I will try my best to not let my wife see this thread.

She really wanted to see this one. She saw it in the brochure when we were at the concert.

In fact. Can I have a mod delete this thread to eliminate all proof of it's existence?
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

There is Swan Lake coming up to will the weekend, so watch out.
wink.gif

But it is really a nice place to see a ballet and tix are not too expensive compared to the orchestra one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back