Baldur MKII / III cables on Shure SE535 LTD questions
Nov 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

skingg

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I've just recently purchased the red Shures SE535 ltd for use on my phone running voodoo/wolfson sound through Neutron music player + Viper4Android sound drivers on Android. Initial impressions were that I am a little underwhelmed for the amount I have paid for the IEMs so I was browsing around hoping to find some ways to improve the sound off the Shures unamped. Thus I was reading up on the Baldur MKII / III cables and it seems there was no definite conclusion to this subject. That and for some reason I could not access the Westone vs Shure 535 with Baldur MKII cable thread on this forum. 

My question is, to those of you with genuine expreriences, are the Baldur MKII / III cables worth the upgrade for the red Shures? Do you really here a difference in sound quality compared to the stock cables? Because honestly I do not want to spend another hundred for some placebo effect :p

P.S. If I were to get a portable DAC to go with my phone and earphones, which would be the best sub $300 value to performance?

Nov 25, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Help?

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #4 of 5
Ended up using the stock cables and gotten the Sony MDR-1RBTMK2 headphones instead! What source are you using on the go? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 (international model) and after listening to it with the Fiio E18, I must say the Galaxy S3's internal DAC (wolfson chip) do sound better to my ears than the E18's DAC. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back