1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Baldur MKII / III cables on Shure SE535 LTD questions

1. skingg
    Hi, I've just recently purchased the red Shures SE535 ltd for use on my phone running voodoo/wolfson sound through Neutron music player + Viper4Android sound drivers on Android. Initial impressions were that I am a little underwhelmed for the amount I have paid for the IEMs so I was browsing around hoping to find some ways to improve the sound off the Shures unamped. Thus I was reading up on the Baldur MKII / III cables and it seems there was no definite conclusion to this subject. That and for some reason I could not access the Westone vs Shure 535 with Baldur MKII cable thread on this forum. 

My question is, to those of you with genuine expreriences, are the Baldur MKII / III cables worth the upgrade for the red Shures? Do you really here a difference in sound quality compared to the stock cables? Because honestly I do not want to spend another hundred for some placebo effect :p

P.S. If I were to get a portable DAC to go with my phone and earphones, which would be the best sub $300 value to performance?

2. skingg
    Help?

3. mathiaus
    What did you end up doing? I'm planning to buy a pair of se535 and I'm checking to see if I need be cables or a portable DAC to go with my phone as well. Thanks.

4. skingg
    Ended up using the stock cables and gotten the Sony MDR-1RBTMK2 headphones instead! What source are you using on the go? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 (international model) and after listening to it with the Fiio E18, I must say the Galaxy S3's internal DAC (wolfson chip) do sound better to my ears than the E18's DAC. 

5. mathiaus
    I have an HTC One S as my portable source.