Balanced Zu Mobius v2 Arrived
Apr 6, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #16 of 25
yep, $100 more than V1.
Insomniac, you got lucky mate!

Apr 6, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by keanej6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the price he told me was $100 more than the v.1 for the same length.

If this above statement is true we have a 1 meter cable at $299, and be honest you're getting one longer and thus more expensive than that. This is problematic because you can buy the HD 650 for $300. A cable that costs more than the component it is driving? I think they're pricing themselves too high, dare I say out of the market?

I'm all about cost being a last consideration, or at least one that's low on the totem pole, when it comes to audio equipment, but this does not quite past the laugh test.

Say you own a Nissan 350Z, a car that's roughly $30,000 brand new. And someone came to you and said there are these new rims/tires that are $32,000 for all four. I should hope you would think spending that money on a better car would give you more performance.

I think this is begging a poll. Who has cables (that's speaker, interconnects, headphone and power) that cost more than either one of the components they are connecting?....

Apr 6, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #19 of 25
that's funny you say that. yesterday i was thinking exactly that and asked my brother, "is it crazy to even be contemplating buying a $350 cable which cost more than the 650s themselves?". i concluded yes, but it's funny what you think once you've heard...

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Took delivery of the new Zu Mobius v2 today. I got the balanced version. I won't say much about the sound until after it's run in a bit, but right off the bat it seems to have a smoother sound than v1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got mine directly from Zu a few weeks ago.
smily_headphones1.gif

How is the Mobius-2 sounding by now? Mine is scheduled for delivery this week and I'm just wanting to know what to expect as it burns in. Any more impressions?

Thanks!

Apr 9, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is the Mobius-2 sounding by now? Mine is scheduled for delivery this week and I'm just wanting to know what to expect as it burns in. Any more impressions?

Thanks!

sounds good. but i don't have anything to compare it to. plus i'm balanced now, so it is even harder to figure out what changes are attributable to the cable and which to the new configuration. Zu is a top notch company though and i have spoken to people who makes cables and they are very high on ZUs as well. I don't think you will regret a Zu purchase. good resell value as well in case you decide it was not worth it.

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by keanej6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's funny you say that. yesterday i was thinking exactly that and asked my brother, "is it crazy to even be contemplating buying a $350 cable which cost more than the 650s themselves?". i concluded yes, but it's funny what you think once you've heard...

At US$389, actually a 10 ft balanced Equinox cable for HD650 will cost you more than the headphone itself. I think Zu is just following
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

May 8, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #23 of 25
I'm considering a balanced cable for the HD650.

Pricing for the Zu Mobius v2 from the Zu Audio website:

Quote:

Pricing
1.2m (4.0') $329
1.5m (5.0') $334
2.0m (6.6') $339
2.5m (8.2') $349
3.0m (9.8') $359
4.0m (13.1') $399

Each additional 0.5 meter add $20.
XLR Input Add $50

2.0m would be the shortest conveniently usable length for me.

A 2.5m Mobius v2 XLR will cost US$399.
blink.gif

I think I'll look for other options.

May 8, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #24 of 25
I'd ask Alex over at Apuresound....his cabling looks really good - both aesthetically and from a pure workmanship perspective (some pics of the HD650 cables, including balanced, at their HD650 page)

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TreAdidas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If this above statement is true we have a 1 meter cable at $299, and be honest you're getting one longer and thus more expensive than that. This is problematic because you can buy the HD 650 for $300. A cable that costs more than the component it is driving? I think they're pricing themselves too high, dare I say out of the market?

I'm all about cost being a last consideration, or at least one that's low on the totem pole, when it comes to audio equipment, but this does not quite past the laugh test.

Say you own a Nissan 350Z, a car that's roughly $30,000 brand new. And someone came to you and said there are these new rims/tires that are $32,000 for all four. I should hope you would think spending that money on a better car would give you more performance.

I think this is begging a poll. Who has cables (that's speaker, interconnects, headphone and power) that cost more than either one of the components they are connecting?....

I got 2007 350Z , but no money to put better rim on, shoot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back