Balanced Zu Mobius v2 Arrived
Apr 5, 2007 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

insomniac

Headphoneus Supremus
Took delivery of the new Zu Mobius v2 today. I got the balanced version. I won't say much about the sound until after it's run in a bit, but right off the bat it seems to have a smoother sound than v1.

But the most immediate difference is cosmetic. They've gone from being one of the stiffer Sennheiser replacement cables out there to one of the most, if not the most, flexible. The cable sheath is more cloth like and is very flexible with absolutely no microphonics. The cable diameter is considerably smaller than v1 as well.

It's a very nicely built cable. Connectors are top notch and the general fit and finish are excellent.

I'll try to take some pictures soon.

Apr 5, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 25
i got one 2.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 25
Heh, I did not know that there was a V2 in the works. Just checked the website and saw pics of the V1 still.

Insomniac, how does it compare to the equinox? Please do post pics when you get a chance.

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by CD44hi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, I did not know that there was a V2 in the works. Just checked the website and saw pics of the V1 still.

Insomniac, how does it compare to the equinox? Please do post pics when you get a chance.

I believe they've been working on the v2 for nearly two years. It was supposed to be finished a lot earlier. They haven't updated their website yet but they said they will be doing so within a few weeks. I think the v2's have been available for at least a few weeks now.

I'll be sure to compare it to the balanced Equinox and balanced Cardas after it's been run in a bit.

Apr 5, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #5 of 25
I located an article with photos of the new Zu Mobius-2 on a Japaneese website earlier this week. Here is a link to a google translation to english.

http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

When I contacted Zu about U.S. availability, the follow reply came back:

Quote:

May 1st! Trying to keep up with Japan now....

They are awesome. Let me know if you have additional questions or comments.

I now have an unbalanced Mobius-2 on its way to me and will post additional information once it arrives, burns in, and I listen to it.
600smile.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 25
It seems a sonic difference should be significant as the japanese article implies that this cable does use b3 geometry where as I know for a fact, that the v1 did not.

Just a thought.

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 25
Does this mean that the Zu Mobious mk2 is already shipping if you order from Zu, or are you guys ordering from overseas?

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 25
I didn't even know they were on sale in Japan, but you can order the new cable by emailing or calling Zu directly. I think they've been taking orders for at least several weeks.

Apr 5, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does this mean that the Zu Mobious mk2 is already shipping if you order from Zu, or are you guys ordering from overseas?

got mine directly from Zu a few weeks ago.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by keanej6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got off the phone with a rep from zu audio. yikes, it ain't cheap...

It's the same price as v1. Although they did say that the price was going up when it was posted to their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back