Balanced or warm closed headphones at a reasonable price
Feb 5, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #16 of 26
I have a pair of momentum headphones and think that they would be just what the doctor ordered for you. IMO of course.
Edit-. I'm guessing that your source is your phone right?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #17 of 26
Got it! Of course I'm still evaluating: it will take a while, if I know me...
Yeah, I get what you mean. Been there and maybe still there. So far I have my headphones that I really like but I don't trust myself and before I say "headpho-" another new one delivered...

What about the Meze Neo 99? That one is closed back but I'm only not really sure if there are differences between the Neo 99 and 99 Classics outside the design.

Feb 6, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #18 of 26
I have a pair of momentum headphones and think that they would be just what the doctor ordered for you. IMO of course.
Edit-. I'm guessing that your source is your phone right?
Yep, phone and laptop, maybe I'll consider an amp someday, but right now I can't even estimate when and if. Many people say that momentum are not suited for long sessions if you haven't particularly small ears, but I can't find anywhere the measures of the pad.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Been there and maybe still there. So far I have my headphones that I really like but I don't trust myself and before I say "headpho-" another new one delivered...

What about the Meze Neo 99? That one is closed back but I'm only not really sure if there are differences between the Neo 99 and 99 Classics outside the design.
Also the attitude to spend years in any decision that may affect you long-term (and maybe every other decision, like ordering a pizza).
Maze Neo 99 are available for around 200€, so unless it's like heaven and hell from any option around 150 I'll have to pass or wait. Regarding the difference it seems that they're smoother, mainly.

Lately I've been suggested Beyerdynamics Custom One Pro (which i can find on Amazon for like 120€), but whereas someone mention extreme clarity, other people state that the sound is a little muddy. I don't know if clarity and other non strictly related to the timbre properties could change depending on the mere bass amount, anyway I'm even more confused now. Same for the opinion that they're basshead headphones... Like, why nobody specify if they're talking about 3 and 4 level or about the hp overall? :confounded:
One thing everybody seems to agree on is that they're extremely comfy, which would be a huge boost if they are actually good sounding.

Feb 6, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #19 of 26
Yep the momentum are more like on-ears rather than over ears. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. The cups are really small on mine, and I have an older pair.
Yep, phone and laptop, maybe I'll consider an amp someday, but right now I can't even estimate when and if. Many people say that momentum are not suited for long sessions if you haven't particularly small ears, but I can't find anywhere the measures of the pad.

Also the attitude to spend years in any decision that may affect you long-term (and maybe every other decision, like ordering a pizza).
Maze Neo 99 are available for around 200€, so unless it's like heaven and hell from any option around 150 I'll have to pass or wait. Regarding the difference it seems that they're smoother, mainly.

Lately I've been suggested Beyerdynamics Custom One Pro (which i can find on Amazon for like 120€), but whereas someone mention extreme clarity, other people state that the sound is a little muddy. I don't know if clarity and other non strictly related to the timbre properties could change depending on the mere bass amount, anyway I'm even more confused now. Same for the opinion that they're basshead headphones... Like, why nobody specify if they're talking about 3 and 4 level or about the hp overall? :confounded:
One thing everybody seems to agree on is that they're extremely comfy, which would be a huge boost if they are actually good sounding.

Feb 6, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #20 of 26
Yep the momentum are more like on-ears rather than over ears. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. The cups are really small on mine, and I have an older pair.
They should have made them bigger, but i don't get if that applies to over-ear made bigger or the release of over-ear and there were just the on-ear before. Audio world is often confusing. If only I could find the measures of 2.0 M2 over ear i could just compare them to my ears and decide (big music stores are a mirage where I live)

Feb 6, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #21 of 26
Mine are really old, I doubt the measurements are the same as the new ones.
They should have made them bigger, but i don't get if that applies to over-ear made bigger or the release of over-ear and there were just the on-ear before. Audio world is often confusing. If only I could find the measures of 2.0 M2 over ear i could just compare them to my ears and decide (big music stores are a mirage where I live)

Feb 7, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #25 of 26
What about a Denon AH-D1200?
It looks like a great contender in this pice range.
It's said to fit for pop/edm music, but I can't judge to this bc I didn't have a listen to.

The Audio Technica MSR7b is heavily V-shaped with mediocre earcup size, imo.
Sure, is depending on your own ear size. :wink:

But I'd agree with the most to wait and raise your funds for better, long time headphones. :)
_20200207_095024.JPG

Feb 7, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #26 of 26
What about a Denon AH-D1200?
It looks like a great contender in this pice range.
It's said to fit for pop/edm music, but I can't judge to this bc I didn't have a listen to.

The Audio Technica MSR7b is heavily V-shaped with mediocre earcup size, imo.
Sure, is depending on your own ear size. :wink:

But I'd agree with the most to wait and raise your funds for better, long time headphones. :)
_20200207_095024.JPG
Agree: the more i look into that the more I think that raising my budget will at least wipe away some competitors, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back