balanced IEM cable (with adapter) from Hifiman / Head-Direct
Aug 7, 2011 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

melomaniac

Headphoneus Supremus
today (at the HeadRoom event in Buena Park, SoCal) I had a chance to listen to the prototype balanced IEM cable at the Hifiman table - and now I really want one. who out here has heard one of those blue little things?

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 7
ps - I heard it both through the 801's balanced 'outboard' amp module, and with an adapter from the generic headphone out of the same 801, in each case using my own UE IERM armatures

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 7
Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Order Link:

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=107

Balanced amp card finally finished. It has an independent TRRS balanced 3.5mm output. The 3.5mm mini jack on HM-801 body is still full functional and provide imbalanced output. We provide a TRRS cable for our HE series headphones as an accessory. We will sell spare TRRS connector and TRRS cable for UE type headphones in the near future.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 7
the order link posted in this thread seems to go to a blank page, and I'm not seeing any mention of this product on the main head-direct site (which isn't the best for updates, but still)

anyone have any news on whether this is still available ? or has it been pulled until they can resolve manufacturing issues/catch up to demand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back