Balanced HD800 Impressions
Oct 29, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #198 of 226
HD800 with SAA voice is in transit via priority mail:)

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #199 of 226
I ordered a balanced Vortex for my HD800s, it should be under construction. The Apache is here, just need the headphone cable and I am good to go. Well that and the stand to hold up all this stuff that won't fit in my bookshelves anymore.

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #200 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ i heard those are a good fit on the B52. the Oyaide Focus-1 work well too.

OYAIDE ELEC,co,.ltd.

Using Focus 1 on my Black Dragon I do find it a bit loose on the Apache but still works quite well.

You can also try the Cardas XLRs. I find they fit snugly not as tight as furutechs but tighter than Focus 1 on my Apache. I have yet to solder the Cardas XLR Connectors I bought to my ED9. =)

Cardas Component Parts

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #201 of 226
Anyone reported on Drew Baird's Blue Dragon balanced w/ HD800s yet?

Oct 31, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #202 of 226
I just received my black SAA balance Voice whith Ebony wood trim and gold Furutech FP601 connectors. I've been burning in for the past six hours. Initial impression is pretty good. There is a clear improvement in the bass range. It is clearly tighter and punchier than the stock cable. However, there is a very slight touch of sibilance which I understand should go away after it is fully burn-in. SAA did a well good job with the recabling. The voice is very soft and solid. It is a worthwhile upgrade so far.

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #203 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a balanced Vortex for my HD800s, it should be under construction. The Apache is here, just need the headphone cable and I am good to go. Well that and the stand to hold up all this stuff that won't fit in my bookshelves anymore.

Wonderful cable, is it from Twisted Cables? And what XLR connectors? I’d be interested in any impressions too - Congrats!
icon10.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #204 of 226
Yes, from Qusp at Twisted Cables. Under construction or completed now, not sure. BAXLR connectors.

Currently loving the Apache with the HD800s in non balanced mode.

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #206 of 226
It's the only way to fly. No doubt.

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #207 of 226
Got my Twisted Cables Vortex balanced cables for the HD800 Friday and let them burn in some over the weekend.

Jeremy (Qusp) does nice work, and was really easy to deal with over email and PM. Phone charges to Australia from the Gulf Coast I would not want to consider. Shipping is very reasonable as well. Expedited shipping is available for the impatient.

Anyway, 9 foot cable with BAXLR connectors, covered with the smooth black woven covering. Nice work on construction, all the endings are professional looking. Cable is very flexible, the woven covering is similar to the stock HD800 cable, but the wiring is more flexible.

Soundwise, the HD800 is my favorite headphone, and adding the balanced connection gives them a bit more air, and improves the bass presence.

Pictures will show up when my rack shows up and I complete this upgrade cycle.

Nov 16, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #208 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by twestby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone reported on Drew Baird's Blue Dragon balanced w/ HD800s yet?

I just got this combo late last week, burning in right now.

I will say Drew is excellent to work with, and the cable has the look and feel of real quality. It makes the HD 800 cable that came with the 800 look and feel like old lamp cord!!

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #209 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my Twisted Cables Vortex balanced cables for the HD800 Friday and let them burn in some over the weekend.

Jeremy (Qusp) does nice work, and was really easy to deal with over email and PM. Phone charges to Australia from the Gulf Coast I would not want to consider. Shipping is very reasonable as well. Expedited shipping is available for the impatient.

Anyway, 9 foot cable with BAXLR connectors, covered with the smooth black woven covering. Nice work on construction, all the endings are professional looking. Cable is very flexible, the woven covering is similar to the stock HD800 cable, but the wiring is more flexible.

Soundwise, the HD800 is my favorite headphone, and adding the balanced connection gives them a bit more air, and improves the bass presence.

Pictures will show up when my rack shows up and I complete this upgrade cycle.

Come on, where’s some impressions ...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back