Balanced HD800 Cable options.
Oct 23, 2011 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Audiophileof92

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I am going to be purchasing the famous HD800 by Sennheiser for my Dad for his big 60th birthday coming up.  He listens to mainly classic rock, and I am wondering what upgrade cable to get him.  I want the cable to tweak the midrange to be more clear, and accurate, and extend the range of the bass some.  Not looking for an overly expensive cable, just the best bang for the buck.  My budget stops at about 1800.  For tax, shipping, and all.  Also note, he is not a believer of high quality headphones.  I am trying to change his music experience why he still has time to adjust.  He believes his 20$ behind the neck headphones will be just as good as my JH 16 Pros.  Haha.  Anyway thats whats up.  He simply says there is no headphone that can sound THAT good to pay THAT much.

Oct 23, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 4
I had my dad listen to my HD800s.  He certainly didn't think of headphones the same way ever again.

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #4 of 4
I have a pretty good Rudistor amp and the HD800 with stock, single-ended cable just doesn't seem to be cutting it compared to a balanced Audeze LCD-2, yet everybody here seems to say the HD800 can be great, especially for sound staging, so I suspect the cable, particularly going to a balanced one would be very important? At least, that's what I'm going to try. Any tips on a good balanced HD800 cable would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
 Paolo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back