Balanced Armature IEM's
Mar 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Burgerri

New Head-Fier
I've collected a number of dynamic driver IEM's ranging from the Senn IE8's, Monster MDT's to Meelec M6, in fact thus far I think I've at least 7 IEM's. They are all dynamic drivers and I'm keen to buy myself a set of balanced armature IEM's. I would prefer either a dual or triple BA configuration, I would also think that I'm not ready to fork out for customs so looking for a universal set first.

I listen to quite a diverse range of music ranging from Classical to Soul. I especially enjoy tunes with strong female vocals. I only listen to bassy tracks when working out.

What would be a good BA IEM to start off with?

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #5 of 20
For the money TF10, Westone 3 has more bass quantity, and more sub bass, but can get sloppy sometimes.  TF10 bass extends deeper, and has better control.

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 20
How about the Vsonic GR01?

Think of it as the (dual) BA equivalent of the dynamic GR07 but with a slightly less sub-bass presence, and a more brilliant treble, along with better detail and separation. 
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #8 of 20
the TF 10's are the BEST triple armature driver IEM's there is....bar none. Depth, clarity, and CONTROL. This means the bass and sub bass are not muddled, sloppy, OR quiet. The MEE A151's are rivals for transparency, clarity, and separation, BUT the bass is very soft and does not extend well at all into sub bass. Treble also rolls off. This description goes for all upper end MEE IEM's though. Part of their sound signature. 

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 20
the TF 10's are the BEST triple armature driver IEM's there is....bar none. Depth, clarity, and CONTROL. This means the bass and sub bass are not muddled, sloppy, OR quiet. The MEE A151's are rivals for transparency, clarity, and separation, BUT the bass is very soft and does not extend well at all into sub bass. Treble also rolls off. This description goes for all upper end MEE IEM's though. Part of their sound signature. 

Many would disagree with this. It's a bold statement.

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

This post is like 8 months old man.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #11 of 20
I've since purchased and burnt in my RE-ZERO'S, and I'm simply im love with these dynamic driver IEM's. With my amp, they just provide all the energy and clarity I require and desire. I'm selling my TF 10's and my Senn IE 80's (dynamic drivers that cost me three times what I paid for my ZERO'S, yet don't touch them sound wise). I just couldn't get into the sound signatures of most of my BA IEM's. I'm researching and shopping, and right now I have the Monster Miles Davis Trumpets in my sights. Do you think those will rival my ZEROS? 

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #13 of 20
If you willing to spend $300 or so the SM3 V2 or W4 would be to of the best you can get imo but for something cheaper but still has great sound the R-50 or BA200 which are both right at or under $150.  All four are good IEM's but I like the SM3 more than the W4 and the BA200 is a bit better than the R-50 but not my much, really that's more of a toss up on which signature you like warm (BA200) or more analytical (R-50).

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:
If you still want to get BA, UE700 is currently $75 at Amazon, I think that is perfect for you to get into BA-based IEM, super comfortable, and top notch sound

interesting you mention the UE 700's, because i've got those in my cart on amazon, and i've been looking into getting these for Christmas. So do the 700's really have the amount of detail that the ZERO's have?

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:
If you willing to spend $300 or so the SM3 V2 or W4 would be to of the best you can get imo but for something cheaper but still has great sound the R-50 or BA200 which are both right at or under $150.  All four are good IEM's but I like the SM3 more than the W4 and the BA200 is a bit better than the R-50 but not my much, really that's more of a toss up on which signature you like warm (BA200) or more analytical (R-50).

i see you have the MEE A161's. I have the A151's. How do you like the 161's, and do they present a better low end than the 151's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back