badluck
May 31, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
That's pretty much what happens with all consumer gear, nobody repairs anything. It's all replacement parts. It's nearly always cheaper an quicker to replace things as labour costs are astronomical and parts are cheap (relatively).

Yeah, the only repair that I can think of now is in factories (i.e. if you rma something that is possibly fixable.) Nowadays its more diagnose + give me your money so I can buy a new part to replace the old part.

May 31, 2006 at 12:23 PM Post #17 of 24
With globalization and cheap labor being used at places kids your age would normally work at, there's not much I can tell you other than try a fast food joint.

May 31, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #18 of 24
No one is going to hire a 16 yo with no experience for computer repair when there are thousands of older more experienced people looking for such positions. You need to look at the bottom of the barrel, Fast Food, Gas Jockey.

When you’re 16 you take what you can get. Apply EVERYWHERE! Sometimes employers hire a young person because of the obvious initiative taken by the applicant.

May 31, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
No one is going to hire a 16 yo with no experience for computer repair when there are thousands of older more experienced people looking for such positions. You need to look at the bottom of the barrel, Fast Food, Gas Jockey.

When you’re 16 you take what you can get. Apply EVERYWHERE! Sometimes employers hire a young person because of the obvious initiative taken by the applicant.

BTW, whats wrong with grocery stores? There are tons of jobs like he said probably that you can apply for, some jobs you might want to avoid thta involve lifting and stuff, but I am sure there are a lot you can apply to. And Yikes is right when you think about it. No matter how much you think about computers, it's impossible for you to have had the experience working with hardware and troubleshooting as somebody who has worked in that area before and has diagnosed hundreds of computers.

May 31, 2006 at 1:38 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r
I guess I have bad luck trying to find a job for summer. I have already applyed @ randels twice this year, HEB 3 weeks ago, Costco's and I am starting to run dry on ideas. I am 16....

You could try landscaping....just stay away from Mrs Robinson....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Amicalement

Jun 1, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
You could try landscaping....just stay away from Mrs Robinson....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Amicalement

What is wrong with Mrs. Robinson? She was my favorite customer... (j/k).

Hey, if I was landscaping for Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria) on Desperate Housewives, and I was 16...nuff said. (Did you know that she is only 30 years old in real life?)

*What in the world does "Amicalement" mean? I Googled it and came up with weird links.

Jun 1, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
What is wrong with Mrs. Robinson? She was my favorite customer... (j/k).

Hey, if I was landscaping for Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria) on Desperate Housewives, and I was 16...nuff said. (Did you know that she is only 30 years old in real life?)

*What in the world does "Amicalement" mean? I Googled it and came up with weird links.

I hate people who use big words.

Haha, did you seriously landscape for her?
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes

Agreed. Suck it up and get a job, believe me, computer repair bench jobs are not easy to find.

Jun 1, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 24
thanks guys for the reply's

Im doing what I can, applying with my friend.

I talked to my mom about her 6am leave, she is a sheriff and said her time changes so I cant rely on her.And I agree, it is easyer to replace then fix. but most people bring in computers for 1.An upgrade, 2. software problems(virus)

Alot of people dont understand that even when you buy virus protection, it does run outofdays of updates, so you gotta renew your it. Unless you got avg like I do...but I know most Head-fier's know this. I guess I can mow grass if all else fail's
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back