bad trader!! crap, i need help!!!
Jun 11, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #737 of 762
Still waiting for V-Moda LP2, I'd even be willing to pay for the shipping at this point if he only PM'd me with the shipping cost and paypal addy.

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #738 of 762
I just have to disagree.  I don't want to side track the thread, but I cannot reasonably understand how anyone who went through this experience could not have trading on this forum ruined for them.  I would have no way of knowing if a trade I am going to do will be with someone similar to Rihards, or even Rihards himself.  He had positive feedback, I asked for a photo of the package before I sent out my items, what is there to do?

Is there a chance of Rihards to redeem himself?  No, there isn't. Would you do a trade with him now?  For those who said you would, I would want you to put your money where your mouth is, and do a trade with him, right now.  Some people have gotten their stuff back, and that is great.  it shows that Rihards, at least has some conscious.  He has proven himself to be a scumbag by swindling $2500+ worth of merchandise, the only question is how big of one he is. I am not sure what went on, are their head-fi members in Latvia who could help report this incident to local police, is Rihards doing this out of the goodness of his heart?  I don't know, but now people are saying that he should be treated with respect and dignity because he has returned 4 out of 13 items he scammed?  People are right to jump in and say that he is a scum because duping people out of trades is a scum by definition.  You may have a lower standard of what contributes as a scumbag, but a thief, to me, is one.

And to AstroTurf, please read the thread.  You know nothing about the situation, and is running to conclusions and making ignorant comments throughout the thread since you joined.  Most people got dubbed out of trades, not through paypal.  If you don't know what you are talking about, don't say anything.

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #739 of 762
Another day, another update:

Danny93: Item received (walkman)
Louis8ball: Received Sunrise Xcape IE, lvrhs claims RE0 not yet received
Taowolf51: Items received (UM2)
Kiteki: Item received (Sony EX600)
Luke-: Received B&W P5, missing Miles Davis Tributes
ambchang: Just sent address to lvrhs (TF10 sent to Biesas, WTH?  Have not received anything)
Biesas: Missing ATH-CKS77, but received ambchang's TF10s, which was what he asked for in trade.  Biesas to receive his CKS77, then ship TF10 to ambchang.  This is getting into a total mess now.
NickelZhang: Status unknown, not responding to emails (IE8)
iCantSee: Apparently shipped out (Shure SE215's and Ety MC5's)
drssyoon: lvrhs claimed iPod 7 never received.  drssyoon received money through PayPal claims, but has not received iPod.
RPGWiZaRD: no word (V-Moda LP2)
tzjin: No word (HD25)
antonyfirst: No word (HTC Surround)
azuredreamz: No word (XB4)

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #740 of 762
Quote:
My iPod Classic.

For the purpose of tracking, you have received your money through paypal claims, right?  So why would you still have an iPod Classic missing?

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #741 of 762
Quote:
I just have to disagree.  I don't want to side track the thread, but I cannot reasonably understand how anyone who went through this experience could not have trading on this forum ruined for them.  I would have no way of knowing if a trade I am going to do will be with someone similar to Rihards, or even Rihards himself.  He had positive feedback, I asked for a photo of the package before I sent out my items, what is there to do?

Is there a chance of Rihards to redeem himself?  No, there isn't. Would you do a trade with him now?  For those who said you would, I would want you to put your money where your mouth is, and do a trade with him, right now.  Some people have gotten their stuff back, and that is great.  it shows that Rihards, at least has some conscious.  He has proven himself to be a scumbag by swindling $2500+ worth of merchandise, the only question is how big of one he is. I am not sure what went on, are their head-fi members in Latvia who could help report this incident to local police, is Rihards doing this out of the goodness of his heart?  I don't know, but now people are saying that he should be treated with respect and dignity because he has returned 4 out of 13 items he scammed?  People are right to jump in and say that he is a scum because duping people out of trades is a scum by definition.  You may have a lower standard of what contributes as a scumbag, but a thief, to me, is one.

And to AstroTurf, please read the thread.  You know nothing about the situation, and is running to conclusions and making ignorant comments throughout the thread since you joined.  Most people got dubbed out of trades, not through paypal.  If you don't know what you are talking about, don't say anything.

I get it man. I would NEVER trade with Rihards, not on a dare. But every trader isn't Rihards. The fact is that you ALWAYS took a risk trading on these forums. Rihards was always out there man.  People like him are always out there. There's someone out there right now waiting to scam my unsuspecting a**. But you know what? ***** that guy. I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing.

Every time that you decided to run through your yard barefoot there was a chance that you would step on something sharp. Don't let sharp things keep you from doing what you do. 

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #742 of 762
Quote:
snip...

I have read it. I guess I need to read it again, because I know nothing.

Ahem... PayPal has been mentioned in this thread/topic. Perhaps you should go back and reread it.

To all others, I hope you get your stuff back.

Jim

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #744 of 762
Quote:
Every time that you decided to run through your yard barefoot there was a chance that you would step on something sharp. Don't let sharp things keep you from doing what you do. 

I have cleaned up the yard of sharp things and learned my lesson.

I will also continue to, on a regular basis, run a police call through the yard. Thereby finding the sharp things and retiring them to the bin before harm can be done.

This trading/selling of used equipment section is a mess. It needs to be policed to prevent these things from happening.

My opinion, Jim

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #745 of 762
If you guys had followed the stated guidelines in the first place this wouldn't have happened, certainly not of this magnitude. And if you have decided not to participate in the FS forums that is your choice, but there is a middle ground; it's called exercising caution and following the guidelines. They are there to prevent this kind of thing from happening. If you want the buy/sell policed, go to fleaBay. If you want to trade, do it with someone you know and trust.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL GIFT. 
DO NOT SEND INTERNATIONAL ITEMS WITHOUT TRACKING!
Almost all complaints or missing items come about from doing one or both of these things.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #746 of 762
Quote:
If you guys had followed the stated guidelines in the first place this wouldn't have happened, certainly not of this magnitude. And if you have decided not to participate in the FS forums that is your choice, but there is a middle ground; it's called exercising caution and following the guidelines. They are there to prevent this kind of thing from happening. If you want the buy/sell policed, go to fleaBay. If you want to trade, do it with someone you know and trust.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL GIFT. 
Almost all complaints or missing items come about from doing one or both of these things.

I would add to that. Most people did not use paypal at all, they traded. And tracking wouldn't do too much to fix things.
I think it should be a requirement to prove ownership using a picture *with* a piece of paper that has the trader's name and date on it. That would have really reduced the number of people he scammed. But even if people did that, it would be fairly easy to scam anyways (have the item, just don't ship it and provide a fake tracking number).
I would also say that *only* trading with people you know and trust will shut out any newcomers. We shouldn't become an insular community.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #747 of 762
Quote:

DO NOT USE PAYPAL GIFT. 

READ THE THREAD.  MOST PEOPLE DID NOT USE PAYPAL GIFT.  MOST PEOPLE DID USE TRACKING.

I am getting incensed at people putting the onus on the victim.  This is just getting ridiculous.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #748 of 762
Quote:

I have read it. I guess I need to read it again, because I know nothing.

Ahem... PayPal has been mentioned in this thread/topic. Perhaps you should go back and reread it.

To all others, I hope you get your stuff back.

Jim

Quote:
Ya Right...

The first rule of trading is no paypal gifts. Yet that's the first thing that the seller requests.

Jes sayin, Jim

Yes, please re-read the thread, and your own post as well.

I am not sure what you intended, but posting this right after my post is saying that me, and likely most people, did not follow the first rule of trading.  And yet, to best of my collection, all people are scammed out of products in trades, and the only victim that have used paypal has retrieved his/her money through paypal claims, thus it was not a gift.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #749 of 762
Quote:

I would add to that. Most people did not use paypal at all, they traded. And tracking wouldn't do too much to fix things.
I think it should be a requirement to prove ownership using a picture *with* a piece of paper that has the trader's name and date on it. That would have really reduced the number of people he scammed. But even if people did that, it would be fairly easy to scam anyways (have the item, just don't ship it and provide a fake tracking number).
I would also say that *only* trading with people you know and trust will shut out any newcomers. We shouldn't become an insular community.

On that first point I agree, and on the second one there's an easy solution; just pay each other with Paypal and you're protected.

Quote:

I am getting incensed at people putting the onus on the victim.  This is just getting ridiculous.

He tried to scam me and set of too many alarms so I didn't go through with it. I'm not blaming, just pointing out that exercising some intelligence, discretion and caution could have gone a long way in preventing much this. Another words, there are lessons to be learned here.

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #750 of 762
Quote:

On that first point I agree, and on the second one there's an easy solution; just pay each other with Paypal and you're protected.

Great Idea. Traders agree to a value, Then pay each other thru PayPal.

No more... Bad tracking numbers, Etc. Etc.

Very Smart, Thanks for that.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back