Bad recorded CDs
Mar 5, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
Indeed, "Bleed Like Me' is the worst recording I heard in 05 - the flattest loudest piece of crap these hears have heard in a while.

I got this album last year when I still haven't discovered the world of head-fi, and it sounded really bad coming out of my ibuds. Back then I thought it just sounded that way, I guess being an average consumer with no knowledge of quality recording one tends to just let these things slip, but compared to my growing music collection it's just outrageously crappy.

Thank God for sites like Head-fi
eggosmile.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 11:45 AM Post #32 of 40
Man I see a lot of modern bands on this list. I must admit, I listen to a lot of idie (out of a garage) lable music, but a lot of it sounds better mastering-wise than the more polished albums out there. Ridiculous.

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
also, absolution by muse isn't recorded very well, which totally turned me off to listening to it to death, but i really like most of the tracks

same goes with franz ferdinand and their self titled album

I agree totally. Especially on the track "Tell Her Tonight" from Franz Ferdinand, I seriously though I had defective headphones or something. The resolution is piss poor on most songs and its a real shame for a good band like that.

Muse? I put crossfeed on and it helped a little, but for some reason I keep thinking they did this on purpose, to a certain extent, for effect.

FOuntains of Wayne's Utopia Parkway is one I can think of right off the bat, as with The Proclaimers' Born Innocent (although, yet another case of doing it for effect. They wanted to capture a live feel by making it sound like crap.)

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #34 of 40
Another vote for Californication, their greatest hits also sounds like crap
mad.gif
It's just a shame, I like their songs.

Fortunately I still can enjoy 'Fallen - evanescense' or 'Come away with me - Norah Jones'

However I can't believe no one had mention 'songs about jane - maroon 5', I can't stand listen to this recording. I really like this album
mad.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #35 of 40
The Mountain Goats - The Sunset Tree. I know TMG are supposed to sound lo-fi, but theres something wrong with track 8 "Lion's teeth". Sounds like the frontman is trying to molest my left ear with a plastic cocktail sword.

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #36 of 40
I've been playing with my setup (modest by most standards) and I was kind of startled when I listened to Interpol's Antics. There's an easily discernable crackling / static throughout the whole album. I get this in three different CD players. It sounds like an attempt at mild distortion gone totally wrong. Totally unlistenable.

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #37 of 40
Here are some Albums I have listened to lately that I think could have been recorded better

The Go! Team - Thunder Lightning Strike * Way to tinny, they sound better live!
CocoRosie - Noah's Ark * To Distilled, the sound sounds like it went through a food strainer and came out with somthing missing
Low - The Great Destroyer * This album sounds great on a hi-fi system or headphones, but on normal spkrs it sounds like garbage
Joanna Newsom - The Milk Eyed Mender * This album has some rough parts to it as well

Mar 7, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
The grand price for album recorded furthest into the red has to IMHO go to Oasis' What's the Story Morning Glory. Too bad too, because I really like that album.

I even bought the SACD, hoping that it might benefit from a newer format. Nope...the distorted crap simply sounds more resolved.
rolleyes.gif

I couldn't agree more. I actually like Definatly Maybe even more, but it sounds just as bad.

Mar 7, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #39 of 40
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

i really love the music, but it sounds awful. what should be expansive and epic and dynamic is flat flat flat. and i don't think it's the fault of red-line mastering. i think it's just a shamefully bad recording.

Mar 7, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #40 of 40
hmm... another album that's great but sounds like ****... Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert In Central Park. Intermittent electrical buzzing in the left channel... but then again, the wiring probably was a bit off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back