Bad Cable connection
Mar 31, 2005 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ricola_pak

100+ Head-Fier
I am having some poor cable connection on my AKG K240S. A couple weeks ago I pulled the cable out of my headphone just to see what it's like, and ever since I have been having some poor connection at times - I only hear sound coming out of the left cup.

Is there any sort of fluids that I can put on the plug to enhance the connectivity? I'm sure it's not the cable itself, because when I turn the plug around (not the cable itself) it works.

Apr 2, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 7
Any way to help me solve this problem?

It's really ticking me off when the sound keeps going on and off in the right cup for me
confused.gif

Apr 23, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 7
Should I just get a new cable? I am sure it's not the cable itself, but perhaps the plug.

Where can I buy cables for this headphone? Or any other solutions?

Apr 23, 2005 at 11:55 AM Post #4 of 7
Your posting style reminds me of Zoide. You've got to be patient, grass-hopper
biggrin.gif

...With your cables, are they supposed to snap in place like Sennheiser HD477/497's, and are they meant to be replaced in the same fashion(HD650's have removable cables like that)? If so, make sure first that they are properly snapped in. Then, perhaps you need to reverse polarity on the plug that leads to your problematic cup, to make sure + and - are properly led to the driver on your problematic side.

Try that and drop me a line with your results, if you have the time to.
biggrin.gif
Abe

Apr 25, 2005 at 9:39 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Your posting style reminds me of Zoide. You've got to be patient, grass-hopper
biggrin.gif

...With your cables, are they supposed to snap in place like Sennheiser HD477/497's, and are they meant to be replaced in the same fashion(HD650's have removable cables like that)? If so, make sure first that they are properly snapped in. Then, perhaps you need to reverse polarity on the plug that leads to your problematic cup, to make sure + and - are properly led to the driver on your problematic side.

Try that and drop me a line with your results, if you have the time to.
biggrin.gif
Abe

I have been patient, my friend. Look at the dates of my post, I waited for 20 days for this thread to sink down into nothingness.

The headphone looks like this: Pic

The cable was pulled out once and ever since, I have been having bad connection. I tried washing the tip of the cable plug etc but nothing has helped.

I am using my ER-6i for bedtime listening now but I have to say they are very unexciting with their lack of midrange compared to my beloved AKG!

Apr 25, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 7
Hmmm... Well, if I can't help further(I wish I could), then try two things: PM anybody that seems to have a good knowledge of AKG's (I don't, unfortunately, but there are headphoneus supremus members that definitely do) and ask them what to do, or make a bigger stink about this thread. I hope your problem gets solved as much as you do since no HeadFi'er should be without their choicest 'phones at any time. If I come across anyone that looks like they know AKG's stuff, I'll make sure to point them in your direction ASAP.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
Abe

Apr 25, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 7
ok first thing i would do is make sure that you havent bent any pins on the headphone with your disconnecting and reconnecting. theyre pretty tough things but also fairly small. i would also get some cailube or other contact cleaner www.caig.com maybe that will help? or make sure that your connection is seating properly.

i know everyone will say "BY A ZU MOBIUS" or whatever
wink.gif
but just check that everythings ok first. (i still dont believe its worth spending more on a cable then on the cans myself
very_evil_smiley.gif
) see if you can find another cable to swap in or another pair of akg's so that you can work out whats wrong with your pair.

ive unplugged and plugged my k240s many times and never once had a hint of a problem with the connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back