Bacon! (not Kevin)
Sep 5, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #91 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't look like there's any bacon in Baconsalt (tm); it's all flavoring. The homemade baconsalt is made with the real thing. I haven't tried it yet, but I wouldn't dismiss it if it's good enough to be served at the Bellagio.

It sounds like it probably tastes completely different.

I don't think of baconsalt as a flavored salt. I think of it as flavoring that has some salt in it.

Sep 6, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #92 of 108
Add me in as a bacon lover, however being from England I'll never get used to what you Yanks call bacon! I also enjoy fried bread from time to time, quite possibly the very worst thing you could ever eat, but it's so good topped with a fried egg and a rasher of bacon.

Sep 6, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #93 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add me in as a bacon lover, however being from England I'll never get used to what you Yanks call bacon! I also enjoy fried bread from time to time, quite possibly the very worst thing you could ever eat, but it's so good topped with a fried egg and a rasher of bacon.

What is bacon like in the UK?

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #94 of 108
The Brits use back bacon instead of belly bacon. It's basically what's sold in the US as "Canadian bacon," though most Canadians really eat US-style belly bacon.

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #95 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Next time you're at the grocery store pick up some Danish back bacon, it's the closest thing to English bacon I've found.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #96 of 108
I just finished eating a huge meal. After reading this thread, I'm salivating!
cool.gif

The Bacon-Cheese-J-Poppers sound fantastic--I envision sharp cheddar. But, I'd keep some of the hot seeds. Must...secrete...endorphins.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Let's listen in now to a passage, from The Lord of the Rings--The Two Towers--Flotsam and Jetsam, p166:

~~~~~~~~

"And you need not turn up your nose at the provender,
Master Gimli," said Merry. "This is not orc-stuff, but
man-food, as Treebeard calls it. Will you have wine or
beer? There's a barrel inside there--very passable. And
this is first-rate salted pork. Or I can cut you some
rashers of bacon and broil them, if you like. I am sorry
there is no green stuff: the deliveries have been rather
interrupted in the last few days! I cannot offer you
anything to follow but bread and honey for your bread.
Are you content?"

~~~~~~~~

He had me at "broiled rashers of bacon."
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #97 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just finished eating a huge meal. After reading this thread, I'm salivating!
cool.gif

The Bacon-Cheese-J-Poppers sound fantastic--I envision sharp cheddar. But, I'd keep some of the hot seeds. Must...secrete...endorphins.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Let's listen in now to a passage, from The Lord of the Rings--The Two Towers--Flotsam and Jetsam, p166:

~~~~~~~~

"And you need not turn up your nose at the provender,
Master Gimli," said Merry. "This is not orc-stuff, but
man-food, as Treebeard calls it. Will you have wine or
beer? There's a barrel inside there--very passable. And
this is first-rate salted pork. Or I can cut you some
rashers of bacon and broil them, if you like. I am sorry
there is no green stuff: the deliveries have been rather
interrupted in the last few days! I cannot offer you
anything to follow but bread and honey for your bread.
Are you content?"

~~~~~~~~

He had me at "broiled rashers of bacon."
biggrin.gif

Ah, Merry. One of my favorite moments in the books. Such Hobbit understatement.

This morning I got to work early enough to have my bacon egg and cheese biscuit served hot off the grill. There was also a tray of freshly crisped bacon there, and I had to fight the urge to supplement my already bacon-rich meal with more slices.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #99 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leti1285 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I LOVE BACON! It's great. lol Just dont ever try ultra lean turkey bacon, I swear it was like eatting salted cardboard. Even thinking about it now makes my stomach turn.

I really don't see the point in bringing up such atrocities as turkey bacon in such a beautiful thread.

The people who named turkey bacon are damn, dirty plagiarists, riding the crispy coat tails of Bacon's reputation.

Turkey is fine on a sandwich, and it's plumage is excellent for the occasional tar-and-feathering, but, not by the hair of my chinny chin chin, is turkey bacon.

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #101 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Delicious. We call US bacon streaky bacon and its generally only ever used in the cheap or convenient end of the food scale. Ready packaged sandwiches, McDonalds type burgers or as a bacon coat for roasted foods.

Sep 6, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #103 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Delicious. We call US bacon streaky bacon and its generally only ever used in the cheap or convenient end of the food scale. Ready packaged sandwiches, McDonalds type burgers or as a bacon coat for roasted foods.

brits shouldn't talk about what good food is since they don't have the proper experience
wink.gif

though i must say, i love clotted cream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back