Bacon! (not Kevin)
Sep 4, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #46 of 108
Pineapple and BACON! Hell yeah!

Man that looks good, even though I'm full of chicken stir-fry (thanks little chicken!).

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #47 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woah! that is so far over the edge you are canyon divng
chocolate covered pretzels achieve that salt/chocolate balance rather well, and it is good, but bacon? No way. Count me out!
What's next, chocolate covered sushi?
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

don't knock it til you try it!
wink.gif

went grocery shopping with my wife today and the number one thing on the list? see what this site does? it's even affected my grocery shopping!
eek.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #48 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seared scallops wrapped in bacon!

scallopsPork.jpg

Grilled filet mignon wrapped in bacon!

003.jpg

BBQ shrimp wrapped in bacon!

BWR48.jpg

Pineapple wrapped in bacon!

183528702_8fdccb7170.jpg

Dig pit, build fire, wrap potato in bacon, wrap in foil, bacon!

Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!

i had bacon wrapped tomatoes recently...and by golly, they were fantastic!

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #49 of 108
Is it possible? Did I miss something? 48 posts and counting, and no expressions of love for the god-like

GRILLED CHEESE AND BACON SANDWICH?

Cover 1 slice of white bread with a layer of extra-sharp cheddar. Use enough to achieve gooey goodness; avoid using too much cheese as it will ooze out in the pan and get messy.

Cover chedder layer with a layer of crisp, crumbled bacon.

Place a second slice of white bread on top of the layer of bacon.

In a dry pan (or you can use a little bacon grease...) heat sandwich over low heat. When bread is golden brown, turn and heat other side until bread is golden brown and cheese is fully melted.

Eat while making appropriate, grunting caveman-like sounds of joy.

Sep 4, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #50 of 108
Anyone ever try deep-frying bacon? curious, how bad can it be? Ive never tasted anything bad coming out of a fat-fryer.... letuce, twinkies, zucchini... heck why not bacon?

My co-worker says in the Phillipines you can get deep fried pork skins on the street markets... Mmmmm

Thumbs UP for BLT sandwiches!!

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #52 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone ever try deep-frying bacon? curious, how bad can it be? Ive never tasted anything bad coming out of a fat-fryer.... letuce, twinkies, zucchini... heck why not bacon?

My co-worker says in the Phillipines you can get deep fried pork skins on the street markets... Mmmmm

Thumbs UP for BLT sandwiches!!

You can get those in the States too. They are usually called "Pork Rinds".

I am not such a fan of the bacon + cheese combo. Just a little too much fat all at once for me.

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #53 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not such a fan of the bacon + cheese combo. Just a little too much fat all at once for me.

you disappoint me.

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #54 of 108
I'm a bacon fan!

Fruit and bacon don't mix. It's like praying while you're cussing someone out. You are already being bad, so why try to be good while being bad. KWIM?

Sep 4, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #55 of 108
How does this deep fried lettuce work. I am intrigued. Is the lettuce battered?

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #56 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you disappoint me.

I woke this morning an hour early so I could fry up 2 pounds of bacon. I let it cool ‘till it could be handled, then I packed 1 pound each under my armpits. It was going to be a sort of a “mortification of the flesh” dedicated to our OP, Redshifter. By noon my pectorales, trapezius, deltoids, and a few other muscles involved in keeping the bacon trapped in my armpits, all began to violently cramp, but Redshifter is worth it? I was happily going to stick it out. I hoped to gain the favor of the OP with this act. Well, I just opened this thread. I wanted to bond with my fellow bacon lovers and let you know how I was honoring Redshifter today. And what do I see? This business about not wanting to mix cheese and bacon! The moment was so devastating; dejected, I let my muscles go slack. My shirt is tucked in. All the bacon has fallen down and become trapped around my love handles. There’s a ring of bacon grease around my shirt at the waistline now, and people are beginning to talk. I just overheard someone ask, "Is he sick?"

As our bacon potentate, I agree, you disappoint me.

Hopefully, something good can come from this, and I can ring out the bacon grease from my shirt to use in some manteca recipes. Thank You Spareribs!

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #57 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I woke this morning an hour early so I could fry up 2 pounds of bacon. I let it cool ‘till it could be handled, then I packed 1 pound each under my armpits. It was going to be a sort of a “mortification of the flesh” dedicated to our OP, Redshifter. By noon my pectorales, trapezius, deltoids, and a few other muscles involved in keeping the bacon trapped in my armpits, all began to violently cramp, but Redshifter is worth it? I was happily going to stick it out. I hoped to gain the favor of the OP with this act. Well, I just opened this thread. I wanted to bond with my fellow bacon lovers and let you know how I was honoring Redshifter today. And what do I see? This business about not wanting to mix cheese and bacon! The moment was so devastating; dejected, I let my muscles go slack. My shirt is tucked in. All the bacon has fallen down and become trapped around my love handles. There’s a ring of bacon grease around my shirt at the waistline now, and people are beginning to talk. I just overheard someone ask, "Is he sick?"

As our bacon potentate, I agree, you disappoint me.

Hopefully, something good can come from this, and I can ring out the bacon grease from my shirt to use in some manteca recipes. Thank You Spareribs!

Did I say "cheese"? I meant "sneeze". I don't like sneezed-on bacon.

/Right now I'm shirtless eating a huge block of bacon-impregnated cheese, then later I am going to pick the crumbs out of my cheat hair and eat those too.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #58 of 108
Some great choices here gang!

My addition is a homemade carbonara with some nice smoky bacon instead of that wimpy pancetta, and the extra unorthodox step of some green chile and giving it a subtle hint of heat. Delish! I like mine over whole wheat linguine, with some salad and a piece of garlic cheese toast, and I've got a meal that I'd pay $15 for at an Italian restaurant for a fraction of the cost, and which only takes about 1/2 hour to make. Awesome! Recipe available if anyone's interested :).

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #59 of 108
Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. Slice open a jalapeno, scoop out the seeds and pith, add some cheese. Wrap in bacon, secure with a toothpick, and grill.
evil_smiley.gif

Dinner tonight: Chicken BLTs. We have some leftover grilled chicken breasts, so the hard part is done. I'm off to cook bacon now.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #60 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does this deep fried lettuce work. I am intrigued. Is the lettuce battered?

Yeah... large romain lettuce leaves, Battered in tempura batter. Super crunchy and tasty. I had ti at a japanese restaurant once it was a garnish/side for some spider rolls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back