Backpack-Fi
Jan 17, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #31 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got this as a Christmas gift. Timbuk2 Metro Tote w/2-Way gear pouch. Perfect for my everyday commute, as my Backpack was just too big & bulky for daily use.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

that looks cool... Timbuk2 makes quality stuff for the price.

i just got my Dakine Transfer... it's still a little big, but it's the closest thing to what i've been looking for, very well made and well designed, and a great price too. it should serve me well for a looong time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #37 of 239
i use a camo Eurohike rucksack. Taken heavy use for over a year and is fine. Regular rain, dirt and still strong as ever. also crashed my bike and landed on it a few times. seen it on sale for £10. you mainly pay for looks/brand.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #38 of 239
This is my backpack..it has so many pockets..i forget the count.

Targus Matrix:...the name suits it..has that matrix feel to it.

MOCHILA%20TARGUS%20MATRIX.jpg

targus_rg0322.jpg

it can store one entire laptop + 1 netbook and then some books and then some documents and ipod and full size cans.

i carry it around locally and when i travel overseas.

also put in extra pair of clothing in it, handycam, camera, chargers.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #39 of 239
Jan 21, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #41 of 239
Just got back from my first weekend trip with the Dakine.. it did the job great, although it's even bigger than i thought. next time around, i'll look for something closer to 1000 cubic inches.

Jan 22, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #42 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got back from my first weekend trip with the Dakine.. it did the job great, although it's even bigger than i thought. next time around, i'll look for something closer to 1000 cubic inches.

If I may ask, how tall are you? I am looking around for a book bag and really like the looks of your Dakine book bags

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #43 of 239
I use a Blackhawk R.A.P.T.O.R. a bit big, heavy, and over engineered, doubt that it will ever fail me. I also used a TAG RAID assault pack. It was digital ACU, I tried to dye it black, but all I got was purple. However, it's a great size, MOLLE, and will last forever. Overpriced, and now purple. My girlfriend uses it now. Any suggestions on making it black, or other hetero sexual like color?

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #44 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by brotherlen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was digital ACU, I tried to dye it black, but all I got was purple. However, it's a great size, MOLLE, and will last forever. Overpriced, and now purple. My girlfriend uses it now. Any suggestions on making it black, or other hetero sexual like color?

Acid dying will work if the nylon wasn't treated with water repellent. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot based on how much of the water repellent has worn off. There's also the option of fabric spray paints, but those aren't quite as permanent and may have undesirable effects on bag flexibility, zippers, etc.

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #45 of 239
I've been liking some of the designs I've seen from Dakine lately. Burton's really got me impressed with their side zipper laptop compartments. Seems like decent padding, and a super small compartment just for the laptop, doesn't waste space either in the design.

Someone's offering me a deal on a jack spade messenger bag, pretty much going to go for it. Anyone have experience with this brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back