Back to HiFi, help between DAPs
Feb 13, 2019 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pottetan

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! Long story short, I'm back to the HiFi DAP space. New work which requires me to do a one hour metro ride, so I'm looking for options.

My loved Zune HD is still going strong, but my music now is mostly lossless so I'd like to swap to a better sounding DAP.

I used to listen to a Fiio X1 and before that some COWONs players, so here are my options between $200 to $300:

Fiio M9
Fiio X5 III
PLENUE D
HiBy R3
Sony A45

I mainly listen to Japanese Music, but a lot of styles, from electro pop through rock to jazz and some typical anime music.

Which one of this will fit me needs? I do not need Bluetooth support. I do need a good UI, a EQ and hopefully some good power output.

I'm also open to other brand. I've realized that there's a lot of new brands in the DAP space, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 2
Well, if you don't need BT and all that jazz, might as well go for bang and sink your cash into wired audio quality. Take a look at the Ibasso dx120. Also has balanced should you want to liven things up a bit....which I highly recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back