B&W P5 Headphones - "Coming Soon"
Jan 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #78 of 100
At the estimated price of $300, they will be competing against a lot of high quality cans (Audio Technica ATH-AD700, Beyerdynamic DT880, Grado SR325i, Denon AH-D2000, Sennheiser HD600 & AKG K701)... It'll be interesting to see how they perform...

They'll also be competing against the "portable" cans (including noise cancelling and in-ear)...

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #79 of 100
Being a big fan of the company I can't wait to hear a set of these.

And I can't wait till they go ultra high end with the Headphone line as well.

Jan 29, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #85 of 100
Someone here posted an initial impression based on an audition at CES. Its not a real meat & potatoes review, but its one of the first I've found.

CES 2010: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones Hands On - MP3 News - TrustedReviews

I am really interested in these for their design/minimalism and I anticipate a high level of comfort. While $300 is a lot and there are many incredible option I personally will be looking for this headphone to stack up unamped with options at least at the $200 level (I'm ok with chalking up 50-100 for durability, design, and comfort if its all there).

I also like that these are closed but do not appear to be bulky or heavy. I am looking at them to be an upgrade over the likes of unamped closed phones I have tried like the Sony MDR7506 and Sennheiser HD280. As long as they are a noticeable improvement over this base tier of closed headphones that do not require an amp I am interested. B&W is a brand that you are going to end up overpaying some for though. I have the Panorama sound bar in my living room (cost $1800 from my dealer) and while it is overpriced it looks beautiful in my minimalist home and sounds incredible so I do not mind.

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #86 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by cujobob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they're like the rest of B&Ws offerings, they'll be overpriced with poor parts-quality.

If you like B&W, cool...just don't ever look at your speaker's crossover.

Are you serious, are you telling me that B&W make poor speakers, I find that hard to believe. I'd always thought that B&W were very good speakers and in the top 8 or top 10.

Whats wrong with the crossover ?

Feb 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #88 of 100
Official website expanded, some good info (360 degree view
smily_headphones1.gif
)

iPod & MP3 Headphones | Noise Isolating Head phones - Bowers & Wilkins | B&W Speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back