B-Stock HD-600's
Jan 8, 2010 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Neutral Milk Hotel

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a new pair of headphones and the Sennheiser HD-600's seem to be a good fit for me. Looking around at prices I found a site

http://www.dakmart.com/product_info....oducts_id=4509

which sells them for $209 which is by far the lowest price I have seen. However, it says they are B-stock factory refurbished headphones. I have never had any experience with any B-stock headphones and was wondering how they compare to new phones. I am not really concerned if they have any chips or scratches, but wouldn't want to get them if the performance is in any way worse than a new pair. Anyone know anything about B-stock headphones and could give me some advice?

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 21
I was going to ask the same questions this site has had a lot of good deals lately and I am not familiar with "b-stock" If they are in perfect working condition those are great prices.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 21
I've heard horror stories about Dakmart...

IMO I would go with Head-Fi used... our used boards are usually filled with HPs like the HD600s.

For example there is a modded HD580 (which is the HD600 with different grills) with HD600 grills and a 650 cable going used for $165 here

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 21
my friend got a pair from them. they came in absolutely brand new and even smelled that way. trust me when i tell you there was no difference between the HD600 from Dakmart and new ones that I know of especially since they come refurbished str8 from the factory at Sennheiser and are under warranty under Sennheiser. Id much rather buy from them then some who knows what shop on EBAY which may or may not be covered by Sennheiser.

I heard that if you have a prob with them you send them back and Sennheiser will most likely send you a brand new pair since it's just easier for them to do so. I would def NOT buy a second hand pair anywhere after I saw the condition they came it. Im fricken telling you they were BRAND NEW!!!!!!! I also read the crappy reviews regarding DAKMART but from my experience they are the REAL DEAL and NO i do not work for them.

Highly Recommended from my experience!

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #7 of 21
Dakmart claim to be an authorized retailer, but according to Sennheiser they are not...

Google "Dakmart scam".

EDIT: Nix that, I called Sennheiser and they (Dakmart.com) are 100% an AUTHORIZED RETAILER.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard horror stories about Dakmart...

IMO I would go with Head-Fi used... our used boards are usually filled with HPs like the HD600s.

For example there is a modded HD580 (which is the HD600 with different grills) with HD600 grills and a 650 cable going used for $165 here

That listing is from OCTOBER 3RD.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That listing is from OCTOBER 3RD.

Okay...? I've bought things several months after they've been listed...

Besides, it was just an example of the deals you can get when you trust the great Head-fi used community.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dakmart claim to be an authorized retailer, but according to Sennheiser they are not...

Google "Dakmart scam".

just call sennheiser. i don't want to overhype Dakmart but like i said Brand New all the way down to the box. He actually told me that they would send him a pair without the HD600 box but they in fact came in the box also. Just call Sennheiser and I would even call Dakmart to make sure they carry them.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #11 of 21
I did some reading on them and it looks like it is hit or miss. Some people have had some problems with the headphones and had to return them for another pair. And also the ordering process has some complaints on different sites, looks like sometimes they will let you order something but it doesn't let you know it is out of stock until after you have paid. But also a lot of people say they have gotten like new headphones for an amazing low price. Looks like no one ever gets "ripped off" though. So after reading that it looks like it would be wise to call and make sure they are in stock before ordering.

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #12 of 21
OP, thanks for posting, I had no idea DAKmart was an authorized dealer of anything. I will have to pay more attention to their deals, since I don't mind refurbished. To answer your original question, I've never bought b-stock, but I would imagine that you have a much better chance of getting virtually untouched gear with b-stock than if you were to buy used. They are under full warranty too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back