B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Feb 12, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #887 of 1,671
Does this point than to an Iphone only issue? I do not have an opportunity to test it on an android phone in parallel, but maybe somebody else could test it. I am curios if B&O got rid of the aptx codec
I checked with the reviewer () it appears that he used a Galaxy note 8, so the iPhone theory has been proved to be wrong..

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #891 of 1,671
They sound beautiful too, provided you give them beautiful music to play. I found them pretty neutral and wonderfully transparent... And just as expected, its sound is most natural and balanced when the ANC is switched off. I won't mind activating it in really noisy environments though.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #893 of 1,671
For those who are not experiencing treble distortion at high volume, do you consider the max volume to be sufficient?

And how does volume output compare to the QC35 ii or PX?

The max is more than sufficient. I'd say my max is on 80%, and I only put it that loud when I'm in the gym. More than that is not only unpleasant, it will ruin your ears. Because of the whole distortion discussions lately I have played some parts of songs on max during the last couple of days, to see whether I get distortion. No distortion, but it was crazy loud. Couldn't handle it for longer than 10 seconds. I don't have a comparison with the px nor the qc35

Feb 13, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #894 of 1,671
Some more news: they're working on an update for the proximity sensor.

Attachments

• 20180213_191941.png
    20180213_191941.png
    192 KB · Views: 0
Feb 14, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #896 of 1,671
source of this?
Ah, I thought I had embedded a screenshot but apparently not. I asked their customer service, this was their answer on FB:

Hello, Demis! Thank you for reaching back to us. We have received several reports regarding the functionality of the proximity sensor and we have forwarded your feedback as well to our R&D team. They are currently working on an update to make it more stable (less sensitive to natural movement) however, we do not have an ETA for the next update. Once again, we would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. As soon as we have a resolution, we will push the update to be installed from the beoplay app. We thank you for you patience.

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #897 of 1,671
Out of curiosity I also asked the customer service about the distortion issue. I got this - somewhat surprising - answer.

Hello Demis! We haven't had as many complaints about the distortion as the proximity sensor, as this issue is mostly fixable by a reset. As of now, we are still looking into fixing all these issues via software updates, so please stay tuned!

Feb 15, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #899 of 1,671
Yesterday I had the ANC on/off Switch in the Beoplay app. Today the switch just disappeared. Any thoughts? I think the switch was there for the H9 anytime but I am not sure.

Hi, I also saw this briefly using both H8i + H9i and contacted Beoplay a few weeks ago with the same question + screenshots and got this answer:
Hi Lars! The Beoplay app for H8i and H9i does not offer the ANC on/off as it does for H8 and H9. The reason is we introduced the transparency feature, and it cannot be combined with ANC, hence the more slick and simple look in the app. You can use the local controls on the headphone, which is also fast and convenient when the app is not open or nearby.
The fact you could see the ANC toggle in the App for your new headphones is something we do not have an explanation for, since it should not be visible. Our technical department is investigating why it was visible.
Please also note we forwarded your feedback to add ANC control in the app to our developers team. I hope this helps Lars!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #900 of 1,671
Interesting to see all those replies from the customer support saying that they're focusing on fixing the distortion and sensor issues. I'll keep an eye on this thread, and if they really ARE fixed I might look into getting another pair again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back