B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Jan 31, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #796 of 1,671
If there's distortion only during bluetooth, couldn't that be fixed with a software update? I'd be way more worried if the distortion persisted when wired.
I've seen what software updates for the H9 have done so far... which is literally nothing - except for ruining a good thing (namely storing the ToneTouch preset didn't work anymore after the update, and they haven't fixed it since. This ''update'' was in august, no update since then). So I wouldn't rely that easily on the effectiveness nor the frequency of software updates with these headphones.

Jan 31, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #797 of 1,671
Does anyone with the new H9i or H8i have any impressions on the call quality? That's another area that was supposed to be improved with a new mic and mic placement. It's an area that's somewhat important for my decision. Thanks!

Jan 31, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #798 of 1,671
Wdum thinner? If you meant tighter then yeah.
Good for you that you like the bass in these :) i wanted to like these, but its not the case, making the anc better on these made the sound much worse imo. Much more prefer the QC35, its much easier to listen to for my ears, and a much more comfortable fit, and the sound doesn't get destroyed when using anc. Should note that i only used these with bluetooth, and version 5.0.3

Jan 31, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #799 of 1,671
Good for you that you like the bass in these :) i wanted to like these, but its not the case, making the anc better on these made the sound much worse imo. Much more prefer the QC35, its much easier to listen to for my ears, and a much more comfortable fit, and the sound doesn't get destroyed when using anc. Should note that i only used these with bluetooth, and version 5.0.3
Interesting. Because when I turn off ANC on mine, I usually feel my bass getting weaker. I’m also on Bluetooth all the time.

Jan 31, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #800 of 1,671
I've just received the H8i, everything works except for the proximity sensor. Anybody else have problems with the headset, either H8i or H9i, not pausing when you remove the headset from your head?

Mine seems to keep playing even if I take them off and leave them on a table.

edit
Did a factory reset and it worked.

Does anyone with the new H9i or H8i have any impressions on the call quality? That's another area that was supposed to be improved with a new mic and mic placement. It's an area that's somewhat important for my decision. Thanks!

Yes, improved voice on the H8i and the sound is better. The H9 was never good in the first place.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #801 of 1,671
Hi everybody this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone could comment about the ANC on the H9i? How does it compare to the QC35's ANC?

Right now my go to headphones are a pair of H4's for music ect.. and QC35s for traveling/working. I had the h9s for about a week before i sent them back. The ANC just wasn't that great.

I'm waiting on the H9i's to show up, they are on backorder. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #802 of 1,671
Hi everybody this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone could comment about the ANC on the H9i? How does it compare to the QC35's ANC?

Right now my go to headphones are a pair of H4's for music ect.. and QC35s for traveling/working. I had the h9s for about a week before i sent them back. The ANC just wasn't that great.

I'm waiting on the H9i's to show up, they are on backorder. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!
I tested ANC against qc35. And its very similar

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #803 of 1,671
I tested ANC against qc35. And its very similar
I really wouldn’t say similar. Not a fan of QC35, but the Bose is definitely quieter. Consequently, it makes you feel way more cramped (pressured) too. However, the ANC of the H9i is very good. Enough to block out bus and plane engine noises.

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #805 of 1,671
No i havent. Its relative thight fit also makes a descent seal, wich also contributes. Where the qc35 is a bit more loose.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #807 of 1,671
Sorry, this is going to be a bit irrelevant but my overall impressions for the first 4 hours:

I have just received my pair today. So far, mixed feelings. In terms of usage, I struggled with it in the beginning as the touch sensors kept malfunctioning once in a while and this even led to it going 'dead' and not being able to turn it back on again. I was able to fix it by taking the battery out and placing it back in again. Swiping up is supposed to help hear the environment outside but it works for one second and does not fully function for my pairs and music stops. I preferred how Sony chose to decrease the volume and still be able to hear outside noise.

The sensors are a nightmare for me but I have adapted, I believe that you have to wear it in a certain way so it doesn't pause your music when you turn your head right to left but still.. paying that much money to have so many trade offs is a bit of a nuisance.

I have e-mailed their customer support on their issues and hope that others who plan to keep these to e-mail them too, to give them pressure to fix the issues above. It is unacceptable for them to release a product with so many flaws when charging at this price - it should be flawless.

As for NC, I own a pair of MDR-1000x and QC 25s. I believe they are on par in terms of blocking out small noise from outside my home (need to test for people talking around me). They deliver a much better soundstage, bass is much better on these compared to the other cans. I still need more time to provide a more accurate impression :) And to answer the last thread, yes I do think that it affects the SQ a lot probably more than 20% which is interesting in contrast to the BW PX.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #808 of 1,671
Sorry, this is going to be a bit irrelevant but my overall impressions for the first 4 hours:

I have just received my pair today. So far, mixed feelings. In terms of usage, I struggled with it in the beginning as the touch sensors kept malfunctioning once in a while and this even led to it going 'dead' and not being able to turn it back on again. I was able to fix it by taking the battery out and placing it back in again. Swiping up is supposed to help hear the environment outside but it works for one second and does not fully function for my pairs and music stops. I preferred how Sony chose to decrease the volume and still be able to hear outside noise.

The sensors are a nightmare for me but I have adapted, I believe that you have to wear it in a certain way so it doesn't pause your music when you turn your head right to left but still.. paying that much money to have so many trade offs is a bit of a nuisance.

I have e-mailed their customer support on their issues and hope that others who plan to keep these to e-mail them too, to give them pressure to fix the issues above. It is unacceptable for them to release a product with so many flaws when charging at this price - it should be flawless.

As for NC, I own a pair of MDR-1000x and QC 25s. I believe they are on par in terms of blocking out small noise from outside my home (need to test for people talking around me). They deliver a much better soundstage, bass is much better on these compared to the other cans. I still need more time to provide a more accurate impression :) And to answer the last thread, yes I do think that it affects the SQ a lot probably more than 20% which is interesting in contrast to the BW PX.

Thank you for your post. You have the H9i right? Sounds like the problems the H9 owners were encountering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back