B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Jan 30, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #781 of 1,671
Ok sorry. My point is just I want to get my money's worth since I am unhappy with both the QC35 and PX thus making me register on this forum.

....Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, walking out the door after my first post.

Regards.
Chill out dude LOL. I’m saying, from my perspective, QC35 and PX are definitely disappointing products. Before I bought the H9 (not the H9i), I doubted it and went straight to Best Buy trying all headphones they got on display (Sony, B&W, Sennheiser). They’re okay alright. But something was missing. Prior to this I just got the V-MODA Crossfade II Wireless but I wanted noise canceling. Although, I still think the CF2W sounds better than all the headphones I tried in store.

Then that night, I listened to my H7 again, which I hadn’t used for a long time. And bang, it hit me. Going with the Bang & Olufsen H9.

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #782 of 1,671
I got my new pair of h9i's yesterday, and the first song I heard with them was Coldplay "Birds", so the first 5 seconds are ok soundwise, but then after 5 seconds you can hear some distorsion coming in with the highs. But you can hear it only with full volume. The next song was "Rooting for you" from London Grammar, sound distortion also on half volume. SO for me they will go back, and B&O definitely went a step backward soundwise compared to the H9. There is one positive thing, the h9i are louder.

This is worrisome. I’m waiting for my pair to arrive today. May I ask what source you’re using? Apple Music on iPhone, Spotify on Android, some other combo, etc?

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #784 of 1,671
Just got h9i. Disappointing to me. When you activate anc the sound is just awful. You can hear the sound going away from you and its just to bright and false sounding. H9 was better if i remember correct, but too heavy on the bass, thats not The case with H9i. But the improved ANC is making the sq worse imo.

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #785 of 1,671
Just got h9i. Disappointing to me. When you activate anc the sound is just awful. You can hear the sound going away from you and its just to bright and false sounding. H9 was better if i remember correct, but too heavy on the bass, thats not The case with H9i. But the improved ANC is making the sq worse imo.

This is disappointing. The ANC impact to the SQ was one of the reasons I returned my PX's (the other was feeling like I went 10 rounds with the champ after wearing them for more than 30 minutes). My H9i pair is set to arrive tomorrow, so I'll get my own experience soon enough...

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #786 of 1,671

Does the H9i provide enough passive isolation to not need ANC unless you’re on a flight, etc?

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #787 of 1,671
Does the H9i provide enough passive isolation to not need ANC unless you’re on a flight, etc?
It has a pretty descent passive isolation. Its a bit thight on my head.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #788 of 1,671
Chill out dude LOL. I’m saying, from my perspective, QC35 and PX are definitely disappointing products. Before I bought the H9 (not the H9i), I doubted it and went straight to Best Buy trying all headphones they got on display (Sony, B&W, Sennheiser). They’re okay alright. But something was missing. Prior to this I just got the V-MODA Crossfade II Wireless but I wanted noise canceling. Although, I still think the CF2W sounds better than all the headphones I tried in store.

Then that night, I listened to my H7 again, which I hadn’t used for a long time. And bang, it hit me. Going with the Bang & Olufsen H9.

Ok thanks for the input. I may try out the H9i but from the latest posts above, I am not expecting it to be much different from the PX soundwise in terms of NC.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #789 of 1,671
Wauw really? But above I read from a H9i user that the ANC doesn't change the sound at all. I'm reading such different impressions here right now, I'm really clueless what to do. Also worried about the distortion (when on BT) that people are talking about... I'd be tempted to think that sticking with the H9 is the way to go. Apart from some minor flaws I'm really happy with them, and from what I'm reading right now, the H9i comes with new flaws..

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #790 of 1,671
Wauw really? But above I read from a H9i user that the ANC doesn't change the sound at all. I'm reading such different impressions here right now, I'm really clueless what to do. Also worried about the distortion (when on BT) that people are talking about... I'd be tempted to think that sticking with the H9 is the way to go. Apart from some minor flaws I'm really happy with them, and from what I'm reading right now, the H9i comes with new flaws..
If people are claiming that ANC disturbs their ears which disrupt their experience in feeling the sound then sure. But if ANC per se is disrupting sound, no way. The only things ANC does are maybe giving an illusion of a more intimate soundstage and isolating noise better so bass improves.

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #791 of 1,671
If people are claiming that ANC disturbs their ears which disrupt their experience in feeling the sound then sure. But if ANC per se is disrupting sound, no way. The only things ANC does are maybe giving an illusion of a more intimate soundstage and isolating noise better so bass improves.

I don't agree to the above statement. My PX's sound clarity and volume degrades with each higher ANC setting (even less bass).

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #792 of 1,671
I don't agree to the above statement. My PX's sound clarity and volume degrades with each higher ANC setting (even less bass).
I know LOL. That’s everybody’s opinion about the PX. Everyone says that on their review. Not the case with the H9(i).

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #793 of 1,671
I know LOL. That’s everybody’s opinion about the PX. Everyone says that on their review. Not the case with the H9(i).
The bass gets thinner and treble is just horrible high on my h9i when anc is on, im not going to keep my h9i since ANC is worthless in terms of sq.

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #794 of 1,671
The bass gets thinner and treble is just horrible high on my h9i when anc is on, im not going to keep my h9i since ANC is worthless in terms of sq.
Wdum thinner? If you meant tighter then yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back