B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Jan 9, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #346 of 1,671
  Came across this review of the H9. The more I listen between the the H9 and the P7 Wireless, they are both excellent. I find the H9 feels a bit more airy and seems like it has a larger soundstage than the P7 Wireless to me.

Thanks for sharing.

8.5 on comfort?? BS. These are hands down some of the most comfortable headphones out there! I do not get any pain on the top of my head. They are also very light in weight for everything they pack into these things. Comfort should be a 9.5 minimum in my book.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #347 of 1,671
Thanks for sharing.

8.5 on comfort?? BS. These are hands down some of the most comfortable headphones out there! I do not get any pain on the top of my head. They are also very light in weight for everything they pack into these things. Comfort should be a 9.5 minimum in my book.

For sure, they are extremely comfortable, they just disappear once you have them on. The P7 really is uncomfortable by comparison

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #348 of 1,671

Thanks for sharing.

H6's are way more comfortable, they weigh like 2/3rds as much but H9's still very comfortable...

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #349 of 1,671
I have been very satisfied with my H6's, and if you can get them at a discount, I recommend doing so. They are extremely comfortable, have uncolored sound, and are very finely and well made. No hesitation in recommending them at all. Warranted or not, I know there is a bias against them, when compared to many other headphones that cost as much as these do, and I understand that. I even agree, but that does not prevent me from loving mine. 
I am not a wireless user, and don't expect to ever be. I have too much invested in wired headphones, cables, amps, and other accessories. I see no reason to go wireless. There is no benefit to me, in sonic quality over what I have to choose from now. As much as I love to feed my various addictions, I will not spend any money on wireless audio. Back to the point- I like the feel, sound, weight and quality of my h6's. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #351 of 1,671
But what about the ANC? Reviewers is quitte impressed but others say there's almost no ANC at all?

Asking this because i'm interested to swap my current MDR-1000x for these..

Been discussed by many, including me. If you're expecting 1000X level of ANC, these are not for you. If you want something just fine on planes and normal commute stuff, these will work just fine.They'll do things like drown out the drone of a plane engine. If you want full sensory deprivation, keep the 1000X and live with lesser SQ.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #352 of 1,671
My wife just came back from an overseas trip and took both the 1000x and H9 (unfortunately I had to cancel my trip with her)

She did not like the Sony's and felt the ANC pressure bothered her.  The H9's stayed on her head and she felt they did more than an adequate job keeping the aircraft noise out.

I demoed both and feel that the H9's signal quality significantly outpaces the Sony.

If you read on this thread someone posted an interesting analysis where he conjured that B&O made a conscientious decision to strike a balance between ANC and sound quality.  While the H9's ANC is not up to the level of Sony or Bose - their sound quality exceed both while providing serviceable ANC for airline trips.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #353 of 1,671
My wife just came back from an overseas trip and took both the 1000x and H9 (unfortunately I had to cancel my trip with her)

She did not like the Sony's and felt the ANC pressure bothered her.  The H9's stayed on her head and she felt they did more than an adequate job keeping the aircraft noise out.

I demoed both and feel that the H9's signal quality significantly outpaces the Sony.

If you read on this thread someone posted an interesting analysis where he conjured that B&O made a conscientious decision to strike a balance between ANC and sound quality.  While the H9's ANC is not up to the level of Sony or Bose - their sound quality exceed both while providing serviceable ANC for airline trips.

Thanks! What about Bluetooth connectivity? Also read some complaining stories abouth that.
When you turn on the Sony's they connect within 5 seconds with, in my case, my iPhone / iPad when you have bluetooth enabled. Is this the same with the H9's?

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #357 of 1,671
Hi I have the same problem. It never goes to 100% on the iPhone indicator. I have the H7 they show 100% when the battery is fully charged in the iPhone battery indicator.

Any solution ? Please help. I am annoyed.

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #358 of 1,671
Hi I have the same problem. It never goes to 100% on the iPhone indicator. I have the H7 they show 100% when the battery is fully charged in the iPhone battery indicator.

Any solution ? Please help. I am annoyed.

I also am having this happen. I have emailed B&O support, I will let you know once I hear something from them

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #360 of 1,671
Thanks mate. I hope it is because of a software issue. Do you have software 5.0 in the H9? Mine are 5.0
My H7 are 9.xx something. It is strange that have a lower software version.

I'll check when I get home, where can you see the current software version?

By the way, how do you like the H9 vs the H7, do they sound much different to you or is the H9 basically the H7 with ANC added?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back