B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Jan 7, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #332 of 1,671
Hey guys, keep an eye out for Sennheiser's new headphones 4.50BTNC

Where did you see those?

Also, have any of you guys ever bought something like a BTunes? It is a little Bluetooth add on that make just about any pair of wired headphones, wireless. I am tempted to spend the $100 on it to try it out but if there is already a general consensus that it is terrible, I won't waste my time. I was also looking at the Sound Blaster E5 High Resolution USB DAC 600 ohm amp with Bluetooth. I am very happy with the sound of the H6v2. Ample bass, amazing soundstage and just very enjoyable all around. If I could have an option to make them wireless when I needed it, I would be a very happy camper. I am hoping that someone has one of these or has tried one...

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #334 of 1,671
  H6 on an airplane wouldn't be pretty but they have the best sound around IMHO. I have the H6, H6 2nd Gen, H9, QC35 and P7W and H6 when for me on sound and comfort. I have an iPhone 7 so the H6's work with the dongle of course but I'm at a point that a wire hanging down drives me nuts so I usually only listen to the H6's if I won't be walking around.  :)

Hi, brokenhat. Is the difference between H6 G2 and H9 (wired) significant? Asking as on the H7 thread, the emerging consensus is that there isn't much difference between H6 G2 and H7 if wired. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #335 of 1,671
  Hi, brokenhat. Is the difference between H6 G2 and H9 (wired) significant? Asking as on the H7 thread, the emerging consensus is that there isn't much difference between H6 G2 and H7 if wired. Thanks!

I think they have a different sound wired makes the H9 sound better but its still different to my ears, way more base, not as open and lower midrange, more like a V while The H6's are more flat, and I could see some people preferring each so I wouldn't say the H6 is better but for my tastes they are better for sure. Such a sweet sound, ahhhhhh  :)

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #336 of 1,671
Gotcha, thanks!

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #337 of 1,671
Hi everyone! I've tried reading as much as possible, but this thread is unbelievable lengthy already, and there just isn't a ton of information regarding the H9's as they compare to the Bose QC35.

I have been a long-time frequent traveler with my Bose QC25s in my bag. The sound is the sound, not the best, not the worst (as you all know), but the noise canceling is terrific. 

I am wanting to upgrade to the wireless version, QC35, but like the H9s. I am just worried about the quality/amount of the noise canceling on the H9s to combat engine/baby noise on the plane.

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #339 of 1,671
IMHO the 1000x sounded pretty bad and looked pretty cheap, great ANC though on a positive note.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #340 of 1,671
How did they sound bad? You don't have to answer obviously I know your opinion is your opinion. I'm just curious what sounded off to you. The reviews have been pretty universally positive. Thanks.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #341 of 1,671
Not sure if you are asking me or dbdynsty25 but from my point of view I am no audiophile but do appreciate a nice sound and its pretty simple how I try and get that; I compare as many headphones as possible that I can afford of course and hopefully buy the ones that sound the best or sound very good and have some other benefit I care about like looks, ANC and/or build quality and The X1000 sound worse to my ears than the H6, H6 Gen 2, P7W, H9 and even the QC35's, although they would be closest to them. Also hate the look and build quality of them and since the H9 and QC35 are both Bluetooth with ANC and sound and look way better (to me!) the X1000 are quickly returned and forgotten. If you like the X1000 though that's cool and everything, how many millions like Beats, groan.  :)

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #342 of 1,671
Not impressed with the Sony myself.
Listened to every phone you mentioned except the H6 and agree exactly with what you said.

I decided on the H9 for the plane however I am going to take the P7 wireless with me on the next airplane trip and see how they do. It would be nice if they could knock the H9 off so I could keep just one

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #343 of 1,671
How did they sound bad? You don't have to answer obviously I know your opinion is your opinion. I'm just curious what sounded off to you. The reviews have been pretty universally positive. Thanks.

I said it here or in the Space One thread - I was not impressed with the 1000X's SQ. I found it better than the QC35, so I would put it in the 'acceptable' category, but that's about it. The H8, H9, and Space One easily best it (I'm not going to list non-ANC cans). As I've said many times: if ANC is your #1 priority, the QC line and the 1000X should be at the top of your list for consideration. If you want good enough ANC for a plane, you have many more options with better sound.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #345 of 1,671
This was the reply i got from the B&O customer service, after " Complaining" about the low volume. I refered to this forum, since I saw that more users in her, seemed to be complaining about the same issue. Would be great if anyone else, also can send them an E-mail, so we can get our update. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back