B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Dec 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #256 of 1,671
I have both the H9's and P7W and agree with most music the P7W sound better......but the look, comfort, ANC and B&O mystique all have me in their grasp. I am going to keep both I think. Shhhh don't tell my wife.  :)

I can't keep both but the H9 wired with an amp sound amazing. I'm leaning towards the H9. There so damn pretty. I don't need to listen wirelessly often.

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #257 of 1,671
Are any of you using the Beoplay app to experiment with the sound signature of the H9s?  It would be interesting to hear which setting(s) you're using.  I find that, when I want to relax, dragging the dot slightly to the left helps -- and expanding the dot just a bit (as awful as that may be to the purists on here) adds just a bit of spaciousness that's fun at times.

I just realized you could expand the dot. What exactly is that doing? It definitely makes the music sound more spacious. I'm not sure if I like it. I would like a technical explanation.

Jan 1, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #260 of 1,671
I find that the settings of the app go away when the app is no longer running in the background. Then when you tab over to the app from the app switcher, it re-applies the settings. It's pretty frustrating. That's one of the reasons I'm considering the MDR-1000x again.

On iOS (iPhone) the settings are retained and whenever the H9's connect back they get the settings. Are you on Android maybe?

Jan 1, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #262 of 1,671
On iOS (iPhone) the settings are retained and whenever the H9's connect back they get the settings. Are you on Android maybe?

I'm using an iPad Pro 9.7 inch (March 2016 model). The app definitely retains the settings, but the headset does not. So when I connect the headphones to the iPad it does not use the settings until I open the app.

If I start surfing the Internet or doing something else with the iPad, the settings stay until I hit pause. If I then resume (and if the Beoplay app is too many apps in the background), the sound reverts to stock until I bring the Beoplay app out of hibernation. At that point the settings automatically go to my preferences again. This is all very easy to tell if you expand the little dot to make it bigger.

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #263 of 1,671
I want to like these so bad. I've been testing side by side with the P7 Wireless and for me and my subjective taste, the P7's kick the H9's ass. Maybe I'll give some ANC headphones a shot again in 2017. If comfort and ANC are your top priorities, I'm sure you'll love these. If you don't travel much like me and wireless and sound quality are your top priorities, get the B&W P7 Wireless.

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #264 of 1,671
Since these are most likely the two best wireless headphones on the market I guess the only answer is to keep BOTH!

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #265 of 1,671
Since these are most likely the two best wireless headphones on the market I guess the only answer is to keep BOTH!

If finances were not an issue, I would absolutely keep both! I definitely don't want to deter others from buying these. They're great. But, if sound quality is your top priority and your ears are like mine, the P7's win.

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #266 of 1,671
I want to like these so bad. I've been testing side by side with the P7 Wireless and for me and my subjective taste, the P7's kick the H9's ass. Maybe I'll give some ANC headphones a shot again in 2017. If comfort and ANC are your top priorities, I'm sure you'll love these. If you don't travel much like me and wireless and sound quality are your top priorities, get the B&W P7 Wireless.

I too have both right now and only plan on keeping one. I have been testing side by side and I do enjoy both. I find the H9 to be slightly brighter, while the P7 provide slightly more and better refined bass. What is making you lean towards the P7?

I will say the H9 is much more comfortable to me.

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #267 of 1,671
The volume plays a huge role in my decision. The bass on the P7 Wireless is so much tighter and richer. I love the mids and highs of the H9 but overall the P7 just win for me. They make me happy every time I put them on. The H9's make me question if they're worth $500 every time I put them on.

Edit: I have to admit that I am terrible when it comes to making decisions like these. I probably over think everything. I just want to make a good decision and the P7's make me feel good about spending $400. I am so in awe by the look, feel and build of the H9 but ultimately, the reason I started this search was to find great wireless headphones. That is where I feel the P7's come out on top. Sound quality.

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #269 of 1,671
I gave up on the MX1000 after a week or two of demo. The difference between the Sony and the H9 and P7 is simply too large. I really don't get all the excitement over the Sony's- yes the ANC is good but the sound - no way

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #270 of 1,671
I gave up on the MX1000 after a week or two of demo. The difference between the Sony and the H9 and P7 is simply too large. I really don't get all the excitement over the Sony's- yes the ANC is good but the sound - no way

I actually prefer the sound of the Bose QC35 to the Sony MDR1000x. Have you tried the Sennheiser PXC550's? I put them on for about 2 minutes and they went right back in the box. They just sounded flat to me and had no bass at all. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back