B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Dec 23, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #181 of 1,671
I bought the H9 as an early Christmas present for myself :)

The ANC is good enough for me. It eliminates most sound like engine noise, but not higher noises. I have compared them to my Bose qc25, and I have to say that the H9 are way better sounding. I enjoy my Meze 99 more, but for wireless headphones with anc, the H9 are doing pretty good :)

The anc is better on the qc25, but the sound is just so much better on the H9. Ended up selling my qc25, and I couldn't be happier.
On a 6 hours car trip today I enjoyed them. I did not notice any other noise than the music. They won't be as good on a plane, but good enough for me as I am only traveling by plane a few times a year.

I also got the Gocase f2 and it's the best case I ever had for headphones.

I will highly recommend both the H9 and the Gocase :) If you are not regularly traveling by plane or the underground I think the H9 will make you happier than Bose or Sony's anc headphones.

Please excuse my English, it's not my first language, and I am learning as fast as I can :wink:

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #183 of 1,671

I enjoy the sound and find the ANC (while not the strongest I can recall) to help make the music more immersive.  I did tweak the sound slightly using the B&O app, however.  Even without the tweak, I notice more bass presence than my H6s (gen. 1), I don't have an apt ear for other frequencies to compare though or they just sound very similar...

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #184 of 1,671
If, like me, you were hoping that the H9 comes close to a wireless H6v2, forget about it. I tried them in the store, and they sound like the H6v2 in a barrel. The bass drowns out much of the midrange and treble, and everything sounds very much in-a-barrel/hollow-ish, compared to the H6v2. The H6v2 is way more balanced, detailed, tighter and transparent.

If you really want to go wireless, just try the H7. They fall somewhere in between the H6v2 and H9. They're pretty good, but still noticeably bassier and less detailed than the H6v2.

I don't really care about ANC. I tried it briefly with H9 and, although I've no reference, I can't imagine it's the best ANC. There's certainly constant white noise present, which would be a dealbreaker for me.

In short: I see no reason to buy the H9.

(FYI: I only tried the H7 and H9 wirelessly, as that would be my only reason to replace the H6v2.)

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #185 of 1,671
As my previous posts have stated I am trying out the H9 and P7 wireless. I am not familiar with B&O's lineup. What is the difference between the H8 and H9? I realize that the H8 is on ear while the H9 is over ear. How does this difference play out sound wise? How do the two compare in terms of ANC?

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #186 of 1,671
As my previous posts have stated I am trying out the H9 and P7 wireless. I am not familiar with B&O's lineup. What is the difference between the H8 and H9? I realize that the H8 is on ear while the H9 is over ear. How does this difference play out sound wise? How do the two compare in terms of ANC?

They're similar sonically, but not exactly the same and both are about the same in ANC from what I can tell. I used the H8 from when it came out until last month on MANY plane flights, so I'm very famiiar with it. The H8 is easier to drive. The H9 is more comfortable. The H8's ANC is just fine on a plane and I sit right over the engine 9/10 times. They cut the rumble which is exactly what you want. I haven't used the H9 on a plane yet. I really like the Space One which I've been using, but I do want to see if the H9 is better for long haul flights in terms of comfort vs. the Space One. My first flight is to Tokyo, so I'll have plenty of time to figure that out.

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #187 of 1,671
  If, like me, you were hoping that the H9 comes close to a wireless H6v2, forget about it. I tried them in the store, and they sound like the H6v2 in a barrel. The bass drowns out much of the midrange and treble, and everything sounds very much in-a-barrel/hollow-ish, compared to the H6v2. The H6v2 is way more balanced, detailed, tighter and transparent.

If you really want to go wireless, just try the H7. They fall somewhere in between the H6v2 and H9. They're pretty good, but still noticeably bassier and less detailed than the H6v2.

I don't really care about ANC. I tried it briefly with H9 and, although I've no reference, I can't imagine it's the best ANC. There's certainly constant white noise present, which would be a dealbreaker for me.

In short: I see no reason to buy the H9.

(FYI: I only tried the H7 and H9 wirelessly, as that would be my only reason to replace the H6v2.)

And I have no use for BT but ANC. The ANC on the H9 is pretty much the same as the H8 from what I can tell, which means it's more than fine on a plane. If you don't need ANC, I'm not sure why anyone is even looking at the H9. As I've said many times, if you put ANC as your #1 consideration, Bose and Sony should be at the top of your list and you'll sacrifice SQ for it.

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #188 of 1,671

And I have no use for BT but ANC. The ANC on the H9 is pretty much the same as the H8 from what I can tell, which means it's more than fine on a plane. If you don't need ANC, I'm not sure why anyone is even looking at the H9. As I've said many times, if you put ANC as your #1 consideration, Bose and Sony should be at the top of your list and you'll sacrifice SQ for it.

And with just about same reasoning one can say why'd one be looking at H9 if they have no use for Bluetooth. 
wink.gif

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #189 of 1,671

And with just about same reasoning one can say why'd one be looking at H9 if they have no use for Bluetooth. 
wink.gif

ANC needed on planes and can be used wired. Over ear better than on ear (i.e. H8). BT not needed on a plane, and some airlines still forbid its use (ex: Cathay).

If I needed  apure BT headphone and was not on the road there are plenty of options.

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #194 of 1,671

The ANC on the H9 is pretty much the same as the H8 from what I can tell, which means it's more than fine on a plane. 

Just what I want to hear.  Looking forward to trying them out on the plane in the next couple of weeks.  I am also going to bring the P7 wireless along for the ride - curious to see how they will do without built in ANC

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #195 of 1,671
The top of my ear till before the ear lobe is comfortably sat within the ear pad. My ears are average and almost symmetrical to my head size. They are by far the most comfortable I have ever tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back