B&O H3 erabuds upgrade
Apr 25, 2016 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pokepim

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm looking to replace B&O H3 earphones which I really liked. However I think it's time to move something a tier above. I really love bass and I'm also using ultrasone Pro 900 which are amazing for me. Now, however, I'm looking for earbuds that are also rich in bass however doesnt necesarilly need to be as bassy as Ultrasone Pro 900. B&O H3 where great all rounders, maybe lacked a bit in bass but still great to listen to.
What do you guys recommend for an upgrade for B&O H3. Something with a bit more bass maybe? I was thinking of noble audio, but am not really sure about them. Don't want the headphones to be too big too. Something of a size of H3 would be the best.
Price range up to 400 USD.
Thanks for your help!

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 10
im03s

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 10
How about the FLC8S?  That's what I plan to pick up for my next set, and I also like the sound signature of the H3's.  It sounds to me like they fit what you want.

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #5 of 10
  Oh I see, flc8s are customizable. Is it the same thing with IM03s too? And is this filter changing easy?

no the im03s dont have filter changers but from what i heard it is kinda complicated on the filters

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 10
Ok I decided to go with flc8s, since I live in Singapore and LMUE sell them directly here, tried them beofrehand and fell for them :)

Nice. I'm interested to hear your impressions once you've spent some time with them. I just picked up a tube amp, so need to wait a while for another audio purchase, but those are definitely on my list.

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #8 of 10
I think this the thing I was looking for. After two months of use I can tell that they are as good as Ultrasone Pro900 in terms of bass (with bass heavy setup). But the best things is that I can use them to listen to some classcial music too and it sounds so good at least. I'm probably getting silver cable upgrade soon. I would suggest getting some other tips that then one's attached to them coz I find them a bit slippery.

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #9 of 10
Hey! Vibro Labs Aria is right up your alley. Subbass is strong and smooth, it's not boomy at all. Mids are clear and forward, and there's a touch of extra top end extension. It's efficient enough to run well straight from a smartphone, while a good amp/dac really opens up the soundstage. It's a great all-arounder.

Here are a couple photos and link to my site.

http://vibrolabs.com/order

Oh yeah, and my one-time-only discount is going until the 4th of July. HEAD-FI at checkout for 20% off.

Cheers!

IRONWOOD

BUCKEYE

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #10 of 10
  Hello, I'm looking to replace B&O H3 earphones which I really liked. However I think it's time to move something a tier above. I really love bass and I'm also using ultrasone Pro 900 which are amazing for me. Now, however, I'm looking for earbuds that are also rich in bass however doesnt necesarilly need to be as bassy as Ultrasone Pro 900. B&O H3 where great all rounders, maybe lacked a bit in bass but still great to listen to.
What do you guys recommend for an upgrade for B&O H3. Something with a bit more bass maybe? I was thinking of noble audio, but am not really sure about them. Don't want the headphones to be too big too. Something of a size of H3 would be the best.
Price range up to 400 USD.
Thanks for your help!

FLC8s is a great option, and it gives you the flexibility to really try out a couple of sound signatures at a go too.   It's also significantly lighter than the H3.  Noble does some pretty good earphones, though I cannot comment on their latest lineup as I haven't had the chance to give that a go yet.  Have you thought about westone?  Always a bit too bassy and laid back for me but it might end up working out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back