B&O Beoplay H2 Portable
Mar 5, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #16 of 49
Aren't these headphones just the cutest thing you've ever seen?

If I'm going for style these would be my #1 portable option.  

I wonder if the noise leakage is good enough.

edit: looks like reviews say it has very good noise leakage.

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #17 of 49
  Aren't these headphones just the cutest thing you've ever seen?

If I'm going for style these would be my #1 portable option.  

I wonder if the noise leakage is good enough.

edit: looks like reviews say it has very good noise leakage.

hmmm the noise isolation is not as good as H6 IMO and yes, prettiest headphone!!!

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #19 of 49
wow these headphones and so unbelievably unpopular

Yes this is a strange place at times.

Mind you I still haven't got a pair.

May 19, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #20 of 49
I'm wishing to get a comfortable pair of On-Ear, my M80 is quite uncomfortable on long ride and my Philips Downtown are not sonically good enough.
So right now i'm debating with myself between the Beoplay H2 & the Koss SP330. None of those are getting any success on Head-Fi so it's quite hard to pick one. I guess i'll just have to chose one first and see if it sounds ok to me. No way to test those in Belgium :s

May 19, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #21 of 49
  I'm wishing to get a comfortable pair of On-Ear, my M80 is quite uncomfortable on long ride and my Philips Downtown are not sonically good enough.
So right now i'm debating with myself between the Beoplay H2 & the Koss SP330. None of those are getting any success on Head-Fi so it's quite hard to pick one. I guess i'll just have to chose one first and see if it sounds ok to me. No way to test those in Belgium :s

Another pair of nice Scandanavian heaphones to consider soon: http://www.jays.se/products/u-JAYS

Look to be close rivals to H2

Jul 27, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #22 of 49
Sorry to dig up an old thread. In the market for a new pair of mobile portable headphones as my P3s have sadly died a couple of days ago, they have served me very well for the last 4 years probably. Before buying another pair I've had a search around and came across the H2s and like the look of them. The only thing which is little off putting that they don't fold and the cups are plastic. 

I'm lucky to have a B&O store in Watford, due to demo them tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing what they are like. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #23 of 49
Just want to say straight away I love the H2.. Demo'd them this afternoon on my lunch. Really impressed with the sound, thought I was going to be put off with them not folding and the polycarbonate build, but I'm not at all. Shame they don't come with a carry pouch. 

Unfortunatly they didn't have the carbon blue in stock. Amazon have them for £146 at the moment, so I'll order them there.

Aug 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #24 of 49
Anyone that can compare these to the Sennheiser Momentum On Ears?
Can get the H2 for a decent price but have to order them online and unheard and they still won't be particularly cheap.

Aug 1, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #25 of 49
I've owned a pair of the Momentum On-Ears, were they lasted about a week before I sold them on. I much prefer the sound of the H2s. Can you not get to a B&O store to demo them? I've been using the H2s for a couple of days and I just can't take them off. I love them. My new favourite pair of portable headphones. 

Aug 1, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #26 of 49
Unfortunately can't demo them, what about the sound do you enjoy?
I'm not sold on the look either, will get the blue pair if I do but I think it may be one of those styles that perhaps looks a whole lot better in your hands, or not!

Aug 1, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #27 of 49
  Unfortunately can't demo them, what about the sound do you enjoy?
I'm not sold on the look either, will get the blue pair if I do but I think it may be one of those styles that perhaps looks a whole lot better in your hands, or not!

They have one of them sounds which instantly agreed with me. Warm and punchy bass, excellent mids and the treble isn’t too harsh as I have a slight issue with sibilance. With regards to the look, they look a lot better in your hands. 

Aug 1, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #28 of 49
Thanks m8te, strangely I found the Beats Solo HD which seem to be reviled on Head-fi marginally better than the Momentums, noticeably better soundstage at least.
I also had that experience where for some reason they instantly agreed with me, despite my deep reservations about the the brand and the not so stellar reviews.
You haven't by any chance been able to compare the H2's to the Solo HD's, I may be putting you on the spot a bit as it appears no true head-fi acolyte should admit to having any close ties to Beats headphones!

Aug 1, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #29 of 49
  Thanks m8te, strangely I found the Beats Solo HD which seem to be reviled on Head-fi marginally better than the Momentums, noticeably better soundstage at least.
I also had that experience where for some reason they instantly agreed with me, despite my deep reservations about the the brand and the not so stellar reviews.
You haven't by any chance been able to compare the H2's to the Solo HD's, I may be putting you on the spot a bit as it appears no true head-fi acolyte should admit to having any close ties to Beats headphones!

No problem.

I'm afraid I can't compare them to the Solo HDs. That's one headphone I haven't owed, I can admit after some counselling that I've owned a pair urBeats! :) Which too be fair I actually do like.. Yes I really said that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back