B&O Beoplay H2 Portable
Aug 4, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #31 of 49
Not yet, still debating whether I should take the leap or not, I'm tired of trying to get rid of stuff that doesn't quite work out.
Eventually you reach the point where good enough is good enough, searching for the holy grail gets tiresome.

Buuuuut, never say never, that little itch wants scratching!!!

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #32 of 49
  Not yet, still debating whether I should take the leap or not, I'm tired of trying to get rid of stuff that doesn't quite work out.
Eventually you reach the point where good enough is good enough, searching for the holy grail gets tiresome.

Buuuuut, never say never, that little itch wants scratching!!!

That's the joys of headphones. Never happy, try something then move on. Trying to find the one headphone which blows your mind. Personally I think I've found the portable version of what I've always wanted. I'm not bothered now by the plastic build, lack on folding and the carry case issue. 

Everyone at works had a listen to them now, all find them really impressive. Bought a H6 carry pouch from my local B&O store. Pouch is a little big, but works well. 

Aug 4, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #33 of 49
You are just fanning those flames
biggrin.gif
, let me see what happens in the next day or 2...

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #34 of 49
£79 half price on Amazon.uk Lightning Deal.

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #39 of 49
auditioned the H2 recently...golly this is one portable on my WANT LIST.
great isolation..silent background, refined sounding with a slight warmth ..v nice sounding portable:p

( the P5 is warmer and a little less PRAT i think if it isnt amped. i do love the P5 with all the leather n chrome..  hmm,,,kef500...the fit on the head is a hit n miss...cant be quite loose..lost interest. )

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #40 of 49
Hello everyone,

just my two cents (as I've recently bought them on Amazon deal)

Look and feel:
Very nice. Soft pads that you want to touch every now and then, good materials (plastic really feels premium). They look "spacy" and "minimal" - I like that. Cable tends to have good memory - received them 4 days ago and it still remembers it's packaging.

Sound:
Overall feeling when you put them on out-of-the-box - BAAAAASSSS! EVERYWHERE!
After burn-in:
Bass is overemphasized to me, controlled, but not that punchy in higher frequencies. The lowest (around 20-40Hz) are just awesome though.
Mids are a bit recessed, though detailed on higher volumes. Not cutting your ears in half with piano solo.
Trebles are a bit recessed even to my preference (and I honestly hate treble in m50x as there is way too much of it, over-sensitive to highs)
Soundstage is ok, though I'd wanted a bit wider (but maybe I was spoiled by HD598)
Definitely not airy.

Comfort:
for smaller heads. How to check - put on m50x. if you don't extend them - join the club)
I use them extended half the full range, but they're tight enough to feel a bit uncomfortable after 1-2 hours. Fully extended should feel even tighter. The cushion does a nice job to nivelate that, but not enough.

So a good choice for bassheads, but with a deal. Otherwise you'd want to think twice.

All in all I'm returning them - couldn't ignite a spark in me.

Pardon me for my english and not going in much details as I'm fairly new to this.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #41 of 49
Thanks. Good impressions nice to see someone write about these even if you didn't like them!  I was tempted but resisted this time maybe the right decision after all ?!?

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #42 of 49
becos of the above "poor" review...the price has crashed to 99...lol
i just picked one up...it is the best sounding portable out of a series i tried in an audioshop.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OW2PJP8?refRID=PBZMT3CHGDACSWY88ZVV&ref_=pd_rhf_eetyp_p_img_1

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #43 of 49
sorry) everyone's hearing is different. to me - they are more like quality "old" beats (though I'm still to audit beats solo 2 as I've heard they're a huge improvement).
to someone else - just the kind of fun sound he wanted.

there are no good and bad headphones - just different sound signatures which you may or may not like. I've shared my opinion based on my sound preferences.

if they fit you perfectly - I can do nothing except congratulate you on the very good purchase and hope they'll serve you well )

kudos to you and community

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #44 of 49
no worries bro...been here long enuf to realise everyone hears differently, makes this hobby intriguing  :)
i like the isolation...cos v often i am in noisy cafes...i just using this to watch youtubes..haa.

======================================================
http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-WS33X-Closed-back-Dynamic-Headphones/dp/B00D219EGU/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_10?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GK5K4YNV2MZ3R49DYG2

almost bot this....but this is so plastikkky...n v v bad isolation.  whew

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #45 of 49
I just got one set of these, thanks to a nice fellow headfier and I like what I hear so far.  Nice isolation, and nice warm sound, but fun and comforting sound.  I will run them for a while before saying more.

My best on ear for now are the Thinksound On1, and my best over the ear are the PSB M4U1,

Let's see how the B&O H2 will compete in a few days /weeks..   but I like their odds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back