B&H photo video (reputable seller?)
Jan 10, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 39
I've found that they're pretty reliable, from my online experience with them.

Jan 10, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #5 of 39
I've ordered online with them numerous times, including a very expensive digital camera, and never a problem. Their shipping is very reasonable, and quick as well. Go for it.

Jan 10, 2004 at 7:39 AM Post #6 of 39
Ordered in store and online for a bunch of camera equipment. Very reputable. In fact you have to go into their store just to see the ceiling merchandise movement system. They were also just out on the West Coast for the MacworldSF.

Jan 10, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #7 of 39
they are king in the photo world... good prices and extraordinarily good service. my friend is a bit of a photo nut..and visited their (huge) store in NY... he loved it

Jan 10, 2004 at 8:29 AM Post #8 of 39
I live one block from the NY store. If anyone needs anything let me know!

EDIT: they definitely do NOT have the best prices on many things. It's hit or miss - often, other webmerchants will beat them. The other interesting thing to note is that it is run by orthodox jews - so all the servicepeople are in traditional garb. Very good and honest people - both the servicemen there, and the jewish community in general...

Jan 10, 2004 at 4:04 PM Post #9 of 39
I also live in NYC. THe prices aren't the best but the sales people know their stuff and the return policy is very good. I wouldn't expect less from a place that sells a lot of stuff to pros. I've never ordered regular stuff from them as I could pick it up from the store but I highly recommend them.

Jan 10, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #10 of 39
I have ordered from them, and was very happy with their prices and service.

...but beware! You will start getting catalogs the size of a phone book with lots of pictures of very desirable gear. The latest catalog was a 2 volume set totaling over 3 inches thick. Unbelievable!

gerG

Jan 10, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #11 of 39
Excellent service (when they are open) I have bought several camera's and some beyer dynamic 250-80's there. Great pricing in my opinion. Could you save a buck or two elsewhere? maybe but these guys stand by their policies.

What are you buying?

Jan 10, 2004 at 6:50 PM Post #12 of 39
i actually visited their store once
smily_headphones1.gif
went looking for the NUDE-EX buds.. (believe it or not, back then it was hard to get those nude-ex since their like japan only)

hence i went to a 'specialty' store.. which B&H is
smily_headphones1.gif

they helped me get my first sony nude-ex buds.. so i give em props

280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back