Azla Sedna Earfit Tips
Jun 28, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #31 of 151
I've not had a chance to try the Spiral Dot's yet but if they're better in any way including materials, I might have to grab a set and give them a go!
What I still find confusing about the Spiral Dots is the different variations. I received some SDs with my FDX1, but I think they are different from the standard SDs. There is also the Spiral Dot++? Can anyone please explain the different types of SD tips? Thanks! (I realize that this is the Sedna thread, but the Earfit and SDs are so often used interchangeably for wide-bore tips.)

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #32 of 151
What I still find confusing about the Spiral Dots is the different variations. I received some SDs with my FDX1, but I think they are different from the standard SDs. There is also the Spiral Dot++? Can anyone please explain the different types of SD tips? Thanks! (I realize that this is the Sedna thread, but the Earfit and SDs are so often used interchangeably for wide-bore tips.)
There are 3 versions, spiral dot, spiral dot + and spiral dot ++. The + and ++ are mostly the same from what I understand except the + only came with certain JVC iems, while the original and the ++ are available for sale on their own.

Biggest difference between the normal and the ++ is the material of the tip, the ++ has a softer material and feels nicer (in my opinion). The stems are also colored differently based on size so that's a way to tell them apart while the normal ones are all black.

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #33 of 151
There are 3 versions, spiral dot, spiral dot + and spiral dot ++. The + and ++ are mostly the same from what I understand except the + only came with certain JVC iems, while the original and the ++ are available for sale on their own.

Biggest difference between the normal and the ++ is the material of the tip, the ++ has a softer material and feels nicer (in my opinion). The stems are also colored differently based on size so that's a way to tell them apart while the normal ones are all black.
Thanks a lot for the clarification!

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #34 of 151
Thanks a lot for the clarification!
No problem, and to clarify further I think that the tips that came with the fdx1 are the +, so same material (or similar) as the ++ without the colored stems. Different material from original spiral dots.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #35 of 151
Spiral dot ++ comes with stiffer stem and color indication for different sizes. With the new stem it holds better on the iem nozzle, which is better than the previous dot and dot +. The dot does smooth down harsh noise, the sound is cleaner. Compared to the latest Sedna xelastic, on a pair of JVC fw10000, I find the new xelastic toned down the treble to a nice smooth level, richer mids, mid and sub bass are more apparent. However, to my ears the sound stage becomes narrower, and slightly crowded while spiral dot ++ gives an airier feeling thus the perception of a wider sound stage, smooth and focused vocals. Bass is somewhat thinner, less body and warmth. I find the azla Sedna xelastic gets the job well done for people looking to tone down treble while gaining bass and warmth slightly whereas spiral dot ++ maybe best suit for warm and bassier iems (is legend x)
My 2cents

Jul 1, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #36 of 151
Spiral dot ++ comes with stiffer stem and color indication for different sizes. With the new stem it holds better on the iem nozzle, which is better than the previous dot and dot +. The dot does smooth down harsh noise, the sound is cleaner. Compared to the latest Sedna xelastic, on a pair of JVC fw10000, I find the new xelastic toned down the treble to a nice smooth level, richer mids, mid and sub bass are more apparent. However, to my ears the sound stage becomes narrower, and slightly crowded while spiral dot ++ gives an airier feeling thus the perception of a wider sound stage, smooth and focused vocals. Bass is somewhat thinner, less body and warmth. I find the azla Sedna xelastic gets the job well done for people looking to tone down treble while gaining bass and warmth slightly whereas spiral dot ++ maybe best suit for warm and bassier iems (is legend x)
My 2cents
So the ear tips that come with the FDX1 are the Dot+ tips? My biggest gripe with them are their flimsy cores/stems. I also don’t really like how gummy they are, when they don’t have enough structure. Does the core/stem of the Dot have the same consistency as the Dot+. Does the ++ feel the same as the + (gummy), while the regular Dot is less sticky/gummy.

Jul 2, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #37 of 151
Dot + was never sold separately and I think JVC did a remedy thus dot++ came out as a separate accessory to the market

Jul 2, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #38 of 151
I found the Azla to be superior for "hard to fit" bores like on the BLON-03 and ThieAudio Legacy 3. Until I recently purchased those I was a huge fan of the JVC. I am referring to the original spiral dots, not the ++ which I have never tried.

The JVC did not work very well with the BLON-03 in particular. Going forward I plan to stick with Azla as they work fine with my other IEMs also. I really can't hear all that much difference between the tips with IEMs where both work. I primarily drew that conclusion with the FLC8D; both tips sound great with the FLC.

I really had a hard time finding something that was simple and worked well with those darned BLON-03 until the Azla. I had dismantled some old Shure foamies and used the center plastic as an extender for other tips. Very clumsy and kludgy. The Azla solved that issue quite well. I used the soft version, which is think is the main one sold on Amazon.

To reiterate what has already been said, these do run a bit bigger. Normally I am a L size but with the Azla I had to return L and go with ML.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #40 of 151
Anyone tried the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC?
I’m anxiously waiting for them to be available on Amazon US.

I found the Azla to be superior for "hard to fit" bores like on the BLON-03 and ThieAudio Legacy 3. Until I recently purchased those I was a huge fan of the JVC. I am referring to the original spiral dots, not the ++ which I have never tried.

The JVC did not work very well with the BLON-03 in particular. Going forward I plan to stick with Azla as they work fine with my other IEMs also. I really can't hear all that much difference between the tips with IEMs where both work. I primarily drew that conclusion with the FLC8D; both tips sound great with the FLC.

I really had a hard time finding something that was simple and worked well with those darned BLON-03 until the Azla. I had dismantled some old Shure foamies and used the center plastic as an extender for other tips. Very clumsy and kludgy. The Azla solved that issue quite well. I used the soft version, which is think is the main one sold on Amazon.

To reiterate what has already been said, these do run a bit bigger. Normally I am a L size but with the Azla I had to return L and go with ML.
I think I‘m just going to stick with the Sednas. I haven‘t had success with the Dot+ that came with the FDX1, and the Dots are not as readily available in the US vs the Sednas. I REALLY like the ePro horn tips with a lot of my IEMs as well. They‘re just very lively sounding.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #41 of 151
Anyone tried the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC?
I have them on order and they are apparently out for delivery now so should have them later this afternoon.
I’m anxiously waiting for them to be available on Amazon US.

I think I‘m just going to stick with the Sednas. I haven‘t had success with the Dot+ that came with the FDX1, and the Dots are not as readily available in the US vs the Sednas. I REALLY like the ePro horn tips with a lot of my IEMs as well. They‘re just very lively sounding.
The xelastec are available on mtmt audio which seems to apparently ship out of the US at least for US orders. And that's where I got mine from with pretty quick delivery times. Of course if the idea is to get from Amazon for the return policy, then yea you should probably wait. Especially given the ridiculous asking price of $30 for 2 pairs of tips.

What do you like about the epro horn tips? Just the sound or the fit too? I have had a set sitting in my Amazon cart but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #42 of 151
I have them on order and they are apparently out for delivery now so should have them later this afternoon.

The xelastec are available on mtmt audio which seems to apparently ship out of the US at least for US orders. And that's where I got mine from with pretty quick delivery times. Of course if the idea is to get from Amazon for the return policy, then yea you should probably wait. Especially given the ridiculous asking price of $30 for 2 pairs of tips.

What do you like about the epro horn tips? Just the sound or the fit too? I have had a set sitting in my Amazon cart but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Whoa, I didn’t know they were that pricy (double the regular price). I look forward to your impressions of those new ear tips.

The best way I can describe the sound is like what actual horn-loading does to a speaker. The sound seems more focused and lively, with better dynamics, but there is some decrease in soundstage. I haven’t detected any significant shifts in FR. The bass seems to hit harder, and is more punchy, and the upper treble seems a little more prominent, but the midrange doesn‘t become recessed at all. Actually, vocals sound closer/more intimate. Notably, I use the largest size ear tips with the Sedna tips and the Final E tips (actually with almost all ear tips), but with the ePro tips, I use the medium size, with a deeper insertion. The structure/consistency of the material on the ePro tips is soft and kinda flimsy, especially compared to the Sedna and Final tips, so the largest size ePro tip (which is actually a little wider than the largest Sedna/Final, at 14.3mm) is too flimsy to create a reliable seal. It deforms too easily when I insert them or move them slightly. I’m glad the packet had all 3 sizes, o/w I would have ordered just the largest size, and would ultimately have written the ePro tips off, but now I wish I could just order a pack of only the medium sized tips.

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #43 of 151
Whoa, I didn’t know they were that pricy (double the regular price). I look forward to your impressions of those new ear tips.

The best way I can describe the sound is like what actual horn-loading does to a speaker. The sound seems more focused and lively, with better dynamics, but there is some decrease in soundstage. I haven’t detected any significant shifts in FR. The bass seems to hit harder, and is more punchy, and the upper treble seems a little more prominent, but the midrange doesn‘t become recessed at all. Actually, vocals sound closer/more intimate. Notably, I use the largest size ear tips with the Sedna tips and the Final E tips (actually with almost all ear tips), but with the ePro tips, I use the medium size, with a deeper insertion. The structure/consistency of the material on the ePro tips is soft and kinda flimsy, especially compared to the Sedna and Final tips, so the largest size ePro tip (which is actually a little wider than the largest Sedna/Final, at 14.3mm) is too flimsy to create a reliable seal. It deforms too easily when I insert them or move them slightly. I’m glad the packet had all 3 sizes, o/w I would have ordered just the largest size, and would ultimately have written the ePro tips off, but now I wish I could just order a pack of only the medium sized tips.

Apparently the normal Sedna tips are horn-shaped too while the new Sedna X are straight type. According to the spec, the X bore size is 3.6mm, so it may be too tight to fit for some iems.

I have the horn-shaped Epro ‘L’ size and also found it‘s too filmsy as u said. Didn’t like it as it deforms easily and is hard to get a good seal.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #44 of 151
Just got some xelastec in. These tips are definitely unique. Definitely never used an eartips with this material before. It's sticky, but not in a way that feels weird or feels like it leaves a residue.

Definitely won't be any issue with them falling off iem stems that's for sure.

They are definitely going to attract a lot of dust that may require regular cleanings and more than just a wipe down.

Fit is nice, they feel good in the ear, don't really get that sticky sense in the ear, but they seal nicely and seem like they should be comfortable. Can't really comment too much on sound because I have them on my 64 nio pushed almost all the way down the stem so there really isn't much tip interacting with the sounds except for the seal.

Sure are expensive for ear tips though...

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #45 of 151
Just got some xelastec in. These tips are definitely unique. Definitely never used an eartips with this material before. It's sticky, but not in a way that feels weird or feels like it leaves a residue.

Definitely won't be any issue with them falling off iem stems that's for sure.

They are definitely going to attract a lot of dust that may require regular cleanings and more than just a wipe down.

Fit is nice, they feel good in the ear, don't really get that sticky sense in the ear, but they seal nicely and seem like they should be comfortable. Can't really comment too much on sound because I have them on my 64 nio pushed almost all the way down the stem so there really isn't much tip interacting with the sounds except for the seal.

Sure are expensive for ear tips though...
OT, but how do you like the Neo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back