AZ Head-Fi Mini-Meet Impressions Thread (2024-2-17)
Feb 24, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #31 of 58
What kind of foods
Seriously? only the best sir! .
Prime rib with baby sweet potatoes with bacon wrapped grilled asparagus, corn on the cob in husk, grilled in a fire pit I dug out hours before the meet. Tiring, but they were delicious. I also baked a few loaves of homemade bread and churned homemade butter that I personally stomped on until blistered. Then for desert, i offered up flaming cream brûlée with my trusty Coleman propane tank. Handy!!
Then when finished with our dinner coffee, we finally, and I mean finally, retire into a walk in humidor I built from wood laying around the neighborhood, that also doubles as a man cave home theater smoking Cubans until passing out.
That’s our typical meet sir. Aren’t yours like this too?

My wife snapped this. Was having issues with the dig

Attachments

• IMG_0066.gif
    IMG_0066.gif
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #34 of 58
Guys guys guys…. Even if it’s a blurb of a blurb impression, but let’s get everyone’s take on the meet. This really isn’t about us. It’s about turning on Arizonans to the hobby or the old timers interested in the hobby again.
Phx and AZ was hopping before…. The…VIRUS! No reason why we can’t do it again.

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #35 of 58
Orpheus - what are you trying to say? Are you proposing? I haven't seen a HE90 in person for a long time. Maybe I'll get to touch this time. HE60 would be great to hear again too. :)

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #36 of 58
There has got to be at least one Arizona resident out there with a Holo Audio May/Bliss KTE stack, or Ferrum Wandla, Oor, Hypsos stack willing to come and let us listen! 😂

Feb 26, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #37 of 58
Thanks so much @koover for inviting me and hosting! I had a great time! Met a lot of cool peeps! Everyone was so nice and I learned a lot just from chatting, especially with @koover, @M3NTAL, and @SpeleoFool. I wish I could have stayed longer.

@rollinbr's setup stood out to me for it's super smoothness. How much was the amp and how much the headphone? 🤔 Regardless I now have a new goal for my own system and you have set the bar quite high. I was also impressed with the Modhouse Tungsten, both from @CinnamonToastCrunch's Galion TS120 and @koover's Flux MENTOR. Man those things give a snare some SNAP!

Definitely down for another. I will have to bring something next time... 😈

MRW entering @koover's:

Feb 27, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #38 of 58
I wish I'd known about you meeting. I live in NY, but am in AZ until the end of March. I can't find a good headphone store in AZ! And man have I been looking. If anyone wants to do a mini-meet up in AZ with a New Yorker audiophile, let me know. I'm thinking a good place for beer/wine/cocktails and grub. I brought some good gear to keep me sane here and would love to meet with someone from Head-Fi for a listening party. Let's see what I have to demo: EE Odin, 7th Acoustics Supernova, Aüre Ascension and Neon Pro, TGXEar Red Serratus buds, UM Mest Mk ii, QVC Anole VX, Night Oblivion Bustatur, Massdrop & Noble K10, OG Wu Zeitan, ie600, Symphonium Helios and Helios SE, Andromeda 2020, and the TSMR-X. I also have a used Oriolus Szalayi coming in a few days. I brought along portable gear:FiiO BTR7, iFi Gryphon, and a FiiO M11s DAP.

So, if anyone is interested and another AZ informal meetup, I'd love to meet some other Head-Fi'ers while I'm here and do what I love, share and listen to gear, and talk gear with people who actually care 😃

I'm in the East Valley for 4 weeks, so feel free to PM me if your interested. I'd love to meet some other head gear geeks like me! It's either this or I'll be spending a month playing pickleball and water aerobics with 80 year old women 😆

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #39 of 58
Orpheus - what are you trying to say? Are you proposing? I haven't seen a HE90 in person for a long time. Maybe I'll get to touch this time. HE60 would be great to hear again too. :)
I’m saying it’s been laying around in that old shed out back. The one I was telling you about where the mountain lions and coyotes get in to everything and trash it? Yeah, that one. They’re out there and safe with the 2 Nagra HD DAC X’s. All 3 are filthy and almost unrecognizable. Also covered in some type of insect larva. With a good clean up, I may be ready for the meet. Should be ready to show and demo at least.

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #40 of 58
I wish I'd known about you meeting. I live in NY, but am in AZ until the end of March. I can't find a good headphone store in AZ! And man have I been looking.
Haha, you and me both!

My phone is full of pics of me invading various local businesses with good head-fi to show them what they're lacking.

20210608_134756.jpg

20220125_162008.jpg

20220710_144815.jpg

OK, maybe Petco isn't part of the problem. 😂

Anyway, DM incoming about some kind of meetup, possibly.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #42 of 58
Anyone heading to to CanJam? I'm betting @Muinarc will be there :) Let us know if you can convince anyone to send some RAAL samples to our next meet. :wink:

Indeed I am, finally made the time to get to the NY Jam. I'll see what I can do with RAAL :floatsmile:

Sounds like everyone enjoyed this meet! Not sure I would have been able to make it with my busy past few months but I'm only a PM away if there's room for an extra next time :beerchug:

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #44 of 58
You-do-you Big Dawg. Just seems like one of the more technically difficult designs in engineering sense. OAE1 maybe? Curious how it will compete / undercut the HD6xx line. Could be a price disruptor.

Times Square - good luck moving gear around - Yeeesh.

Mar 7, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #45 of 58
You mean good luck navigating the crime, homelessness and ILLEGAL immigrants.
BE Carful. This is not hyperbole

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back