Awsome game for music lovers
Mar 5, 2008 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

waivted

New Head-Fier
Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it is. I found this gem of a game yesterday called AudioSurf. Basically its a puzzle racer game where the puzzles are generated based on the music you have. I've been enjoying it a lot so I thought I'd share it with the rest of the community.

Gamerankings and metacritic both have it at 87% with user reviews at 90%

Theres a free demo you can try out or a full purchase for 9.95

Link

Reviews

Official description

Ride your music. Audiosurf is a music-adapting puzzle racer where you use your own music to create your own experience. The shape, the speed, and the mood of each ride is determined by the song you choose. You earn points for clustering together blocks of the same color on the highway, and compete with others on the internet for the high score on your favorite songs.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #3 of 10
oops sorry for the repost. delete please
rolleyes.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 10
If you guys have an iPod you should check out the game Phase. It is made by the people who did the first two Guitar Hero games and Rock Band. It is really sweet.

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 10
Anything really really fast makes this game insanely fun. If you notice on the official Audiosurf site DragonForce's "Through the Fire and the Flames" is one of the top rated songs... so much fun.

Slower songs can make the game a bit too slow, plus with the whole tripped out theme, mellow music doesn't go well in general. I can't wait to try some Aphex Twin!

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #10 of 10
The screenshots kinda remind me of Frequency and Amplitude. Downloading the demo now. Thanks for the link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwiniarz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys should check out REZ for the dreamcast, it's out on Xbox live arcade aswell

Don't forget the PS2 version, if you can find a copy that is. For the $10 they're asking for on XBLA it's an absolute steal. One of the best music games/rail shooters ever made IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back