Awesome Wii Zelda Mod!
Mar 16, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 22
Hmmm. I guess I can pawn the title of my car or something. Maybe sell a kidney, does anybody here need an extra?

I WANTS IT!!

Mar 16, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 22
Holy crap! That thing is pure sex!!!!!!

Mar 16, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 22
It looks like crappy paint job.
confused.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly someone with more money than sense will buy it.

most stuff that goes to childs play (if you follow penny-arcade) pulls in TONS of dough. They will sell a regular Xbox 360 not painted or anything for over $1,000 because it goes to childs play. Great cause that makes tons of scratch.

Mar 17, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like crappy paint job.
confused.gif

What makes it look like it has a crappy paint job?

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #11 of 22
yeah he did it like that on purpose:

Quote:

The Wii console itself is airbrushed in an 18 step process and finished with a special "hammered" black texture to really set off the medieval theme (something like a stone wall in castle).

Quote:

Q: How do you get that sweet texture effect? Mar-16-07
A: It was airbrushed with several black base coats and then densely air spattered with a slightly thicker deep dark grey metallic paint for texture and blended with more black tones.I finished it off several polished clear coat layers. The pictures don't do it justice in terms of the intricacy of the finish.

Mar 17, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #12 of 22
When I painted my Lunchbox black, I did the paint the exact same way...by layering it with thin and uneven applications of spraypaint. It turned out looking really nice, it hid any flaws I had in my painting process, and the buyer loved it.

Mar 18, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What makes it look like it has a crappy paint job?

I wanted to look at the pics again to answer your question, but the listing has been removed.
It seemed to me like the paint was thicker in some areas, like the paint was dripping or was sprayed too closely and more paint was applied to cover these flaws.
The base was painted "gold", I've seen that finish and it scratches easily. Also, the pics were very dark to show the blue light, he should have included at least one picture of this paint job under better lighting.

I guess that's the look he was going for
blink.gif
...it didn't seem "medieval" to me, it reminded me of crap I painted myself when I found a can of paint in my garage.
plainface.gif

Of course I could be completely wrong, that's just the way it seemed to me when I looked at it.

I was waiting to read feedback on this item, to see if the buyer was satisfied or not. I wonder why it was removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back