Awesome Wii Zelda Mod!
Mar 18, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #17 of 22
I'm guessing here, but from the responses it sounds like it was a Nintendo Wii with a medieval paint job in a Legend of Zelda theme. Apparently any proceeds were to go to a charity of some sort. I didn't see it either, but that's what I got.

Mar 18, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #18 of 22
It's been relisted here: ebay

I looked at the pics again, are these different pics? they're not as dark as I remember. Maybe I'm being too critical? look at the front of it, the paint is thicker there. I still wouldn't buy it for any $ amount.

Mar 18, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #19 of 22
So you would prefer if the modder did like a mirror smooth finish all the way around? I think it would look more professional but not as stylized...

Mar 18, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you would prefer if the modder did like a mirror smooth finish all the way around? I think it would look more professional but not as stylized...

No Mrvile, all I said is that the paint job looked crappy, especially in the darker pics that showed more shadows. In reality I wouldn't buy any console with aftermarket paint because it doesn't enhance the game playing at all. I don't have any high school buddies to impress with this gimmick and I can think of better things to do with my money.

It seems like several people here liked it and would like to have it, shows me that no matter what people sell there's always a market for it.
cool.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No Mrvile, all I said is that the paint job looked crappy, especially in the darker pics that showed more shadows. In reality I wouldn't buy any console with aftermarket paint because it doesn't enhance the game playing at all. I don't have any high school buddies to impress with this gimmick and I can think of better things to do with my money.

It seems like several people here liked it and would like to have it, shows me that no matter what people sell there's always a market for it.
cool.gif

Bah you're boring
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cool.gif

at first the paint looked like spray can orange peel but now it does seem like its a hammer paint finish which purposely looks that way. i still think it was done to cover imperfections of a lousy job. a smooth mirror finish would be testament to quality work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back