Awesome bargain headphone alert!!
Aug 7, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
They're pretty upfront, but not as much as those cans, certainly not as much as Grados. The bass is about equally as prominent. Voices easily jump out at you, but don't feel as close (and hence sibilant) as they do on Grados. In fact I recally nary any sibilance at all yet with the K26p's,

when i tried them a few weeks ago, i remember the highs being rolled off. this was at the store so i don't know if it was because of their crappy system or if it was because of the headphones. has anyone else noticed this about the akgs? this thread is making me curious about them again.

Aug 7, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
when i tried them a few weeks ago, i remember the highs being rolled off. this was at the store so i don't know if it was because of their crappy system or if it was because of the headphones. has anyone else noticed this about the akgs? this thread is making me curious about them again.

It is definitely rolled off to a certain point, such that one of my favorite test tracks (Infected Mushroom "Release Me") lacks a bit of edge on the electric guitar that some better headphones have, however, this same track even poses a problem to the HD650 and OmegaII for me. The K26p's treble is less rolled off than the Shure E2 for instance. Listening to them on my DAC1 instead of a portable made me realize just how not bad the roll-off on these cans is. If it were a $150+ headphone, I would find it to be bothersome, but on a $40 one it is a minor and excuseable flaw in light of everything else on the table.

Aug 7, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #19 of 50
Iron_Dreamer, I just couldn't help myself. I just got back Guitar Center. The guy there was so nice, he even gave me 5 bucks off!

Comfort was a whole lot better than I had expected. There isn't really much clamp, and the top of my head feels okay. The self-adjusting band is nice, but I have to set it at max size when putting them on to make sure it doesn't slide into a smaller size before I get them on my head. Don't think I'll need the episiarch mod for now...

A few fotos-

dscn2301rr1iw.jpg

dscn2309rr2og.jpg

dscn2311rr9vu.jpg

dscn2312rr1kk.jpg

dscn2313rr6da.jpg

Aug 8, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #20 of 50
I know that the Sennheiser PX100 is really comfortable to wear for hours, how does the K-26P compare?

I don't like supra-aural headphones and I've been wondering.

Aug 8, 2005 at 6:29 AM Post #23 of 50
Fantastic captures gshan.

How do they compare to the Sony Eggos? I've another thread in which I'm considering getting a new pair of somethings so if these sound decent at less than half the price of the D66, I might just fork out.

Let me know, either here or through PM.

Thanks!

BTW. the above goes for anyone.

Aug 8, 2005 at 7:11 AM Post #24 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Sounds like a perfect replacement for the ratty Porta Pros my wife likes to use.

She doesn't like IEM's or large headphones. So her favorite is the Porta Pros.

-Ed

You have a wife???
confused.gif
No offence or anything, but you look like 14 in your photo you put up.

Aug 8, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #25 of 50
i have been seriously looking at these as a gift for my girlfriend. i think im pretty made up now.
another vote for the k26p as the ultimate gf/wife headphone!

Aug 8, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet
i have been seriously looking at these as a gift for my girlfriend. i think im pretty made up now.
another vote for the k26p as the ultimate gf/wife headphone!

Be wary that comfort may not be decent with everyone. The safest bet in the pricerange imo would have to be the PX100s from Sennheiser, but if a closed and portable headphone is needed in this pricerange the K26 looks to be it.

Aug 8, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
You have a wife???
confused.gif
No offence or anything, but you look like 14 in your photo you put up.

You know, those hamsters have a short lifespan. They have to start early.
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #30 of 50
i asked the wife last night if she would wear these over the CM3 but she took one look at the black and gold layout and said "no thanks" lol. ah, vanity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back