Avatars (you know you wants us to look)
Oct 12, 2001 at 4:35 AM Post #31 of 76
hehehe, redshifter. Why am I reminded of that pair of Sennheisers resting on the head of that Blond playing Q3?
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2001 at 5:29 AM Post #32 of 76
Quote:

You don't mean Vince Clarke of Erasure?

and

Quote:

Or is that Vince Clarke from Depeche Mode (1st album) and Yaz? Has anybody heard his "Pretensious" album yet?

You two realize that those two Vince Clarks are the same person, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. I'm a huge Vince Clark fan; I even have his collaboration with Feargal Sharkey (The Assembly) on vinyl.

Oct 12, 2001 at 5:53 AM Post #33 of 76
it's from the cover of erasure's i say i say i say album.

i'm a huge vince clarke fan. i have pretentious which is a collaboration with martyn ware (of heaven 17 and formerly of the human league). the album is recorded in binaural, and it's pretty wierd. the tracks range from sweeping new age sounds to floor stomping disco. they put out a second album called spectrum pursuit vehicle which is also recorded in binaural. the songs on that one sound like the cheesy background tracks to a nature documentary. as for the imaging in binaural, i think that these albums don't image too well. i suppose it's hard to electronic music in binaural.

should i add grados to vince's head?

Oct 12, 2001 at 1:48 PM Post #34 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
Mine is a sideways picture of a smiling sperm with very big eyes. [Note: you must tilt your head 90 degrees to the left to properly appreciate it.] I threw in a picture of some electronics thingy I found on the 'net.

LOL!!!!

Oct 12, 2001 at 8:51 PM Post #38 of 76
Mine's the Electric Hamsta

Have tried to find something a bit more interesting, but there aren't that many good Hamsta pictures on the net for me to scavenge. (Don't have access to useful things like scanners or a technical computer-literate brain.)

Oct 12, 2001 at 11:49 PM Post #41 of 76
Hamster smut ? Hamster Voyer's ? Uh ... Hamster fetish website.

Why do you even know about this web site Beav? Maybe I don't wanna know
eek.gif

Oct 13, 2001 at 3:13 AM Post #42 of 76
redshift: Oh, so *that*'s what they're doing. I thought it was something totally different.
wink.gif

Oh, and my avatar is a pic of Etymotics from the Etymotic website. I wonder why Etymotics are called Etymotics? Whatever the reason, it sounds cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2001 at 3:15 AM Post #43 of 76
budgie, you have a very dirty mind...

I decided to go ahead and put in an avatar. I love rock climbing, so this isn't completly random. I can just imagine the sheer comedy it must be to see me climb.

Oct 13, 2001 at 4:26 AM Post #44 of 76
Mine is Chanur, a sci-fi character. It's a felinoid and I picked it up because I like cats. I was thinking about putting my picture, but I don't want to give my secret identitiy away so soon.

Oct 13, 2001 at 4:45 AM Post #45 of 76
Mine is a pic by a computer dork, as opposed to a computer geek.
frown.gif
Can anyone help? There's a lb of Kona-Hazelnut waiting for a kewl pig avatar!

Joe Longwood, I was a motorcycle fanatic from that era and a little earlier. The RD 350 ruled, but the Honda was pure class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back