Avatars (you know you wants us to look)
Oct 13, 2001 at 12:06 PM Post #47 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
.... I was thinking about putting my picture, but I don't want to give my secret identitiy away so soon.

I would have done the same but I have "yeti" to be succesfully photographed. (Sorry that pun was probably stupid)

And Rick, although I think I am somewhat flattered by the comment I really dont know what it means. If you want to explain it to me feel free to do so. Then again if you dont, feel free to do that also. I just don't understand... Of course I only saw like the last 30 minutes of Battlestar Galactica. Although I am not sure if it was a TV show or a movie. Or maybe it was both who knows, not me. So I really don't know what I saw. It was cheesy and reminded me of ancient egypt, which coincidently was blown up. Other than that i believe someone mentioned that one of the battlestars was coming to help the people in egypt.

Oct 13, 2001 at 12:44 PM Post #48 of 76
OK man,"Battlestar Galactica" as I remeber it.

The original movie opened up on a people that were at war with a race of thinking "robotics" whose sole reason seemed to be "kill everything non robot".I think there was supposed to be a US vs USSR anology there.
Anyway,the movie opened up with a peace treaty about to be signed,people were celebrating,dancing in the streets,you know,mardi gras broke out.
But the ambassodor that set up the meet had a different agenda,and not a good one.So all the "battlestars" (kinda spce going aircraft carriers,self contained launch platforms with living facilities,mini villiage) were gathered for the signing of the treaty.
IT'S A TRAP,****
All the battlestars get wiped out but one,the Galactica,and that leaves "the colonies" (sort of a united states of planets) wide open with no defenses.The 'bad guys" roll in and totally destroy the entire population of all the planets making up the colonies.
The Galactica rolls in to witness the end of thier race,they are the sole survivors.
BUT WAIT ! There is a story of a "lost colony",third planet of a solar system with nine planets in xxxxx sector,yadda,yadda,yadda,
So the remnants of an entire civilization set out to find a new home and hopefully this new home has a technological level to aid in the war against the ___________ (CAN"T REMEMBER THE DAMN NAME OF THE BAD GUYS DAMMIT<ANYONE ?)
The actual series becomes the weekly episode of searching for earth and doing battle with the nemisis.
Closing credits would show this big ass battlestar and a ****load of the future Winnebagos and personal starships nearby,following the protector to.........................
Actually a pretty cool show at the time when put up against the likes of lost in space and doctor smith as the bad guy

WHEW.whaddooya think of THAT synopses !
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2001 at 12:52 PM Post #49 of 76
**** !
The point of all this AI is the bad guys whos name just will not come,were these cool looking robot types.
They were "black chrome".only way I can decribe it.Very dark,almost black,but intense shine when the light caught them.And where there would be eyes was instead YOUR AVATAR !
But it would move left to right and then back left again.I thought it looked pretty cool,'course I am not right in the head.

And as far as using a picture of myself,no way kiddies.I would rather have you use your imagination to come up with some fearsome looking character,just won't do for you to find out I am just an average looking guy,just better looking than most,and I AM 6'3",imagine if I didn't smoke when I was young !
Maybe the "old ones" would stop calling me "little rick"

Oct 13, 2001 at 1:03 PM Post #51 of 76
YESSSSSSS ! THAT"S IT MAN !

Don't know how I could forget, and "stand by to attack"-classic man,all hell would break loose after that.Then you had the cylon version of the Marines,the ground forces with those swords that were really laser rifles,oh yeah-all coming back now

Thanks dude,owe you one

Oct 14, 2001 at 5:08 AM Post #58 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
I have a picture of the bad guys, but I can't attach it. What gives?

Onix,

It may be because the maximum attachment size is 25600 bytes. And the only type of files that are accepted are:

gif jpg txt bmp jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back