Avant-Pop
Oct 20, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #16 of 27
Loud bass. Can't seem to eliminate all the distortion on this. Too much loudness compression maybe. Or just bad HP gear.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #20 of 27
Here is one song from my wife's upcoming album. Opinions about the mix, sound and the songs are appreciated.

And another one...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing, DarginMahkum, and sophron.

I am no expert, but they sound pretty good to me. Are these being mixed on headphones, or in a studio on loudspeakers?

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #21 of 27
Here is one song from my wife's upcoming album. Opinions about the mix, sound and the songs are appreciated.

Definitely hearing some allusions to Gershwin in this, esp. "Rhapsody in Blue".

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #22 of 27
Definitely hearing some allusions to Gershwin in this, esp. "Rhapsody in Blue".

Thanks. I am also eagerly waiting for the final mixes of the remaining songs. :) I just heard the raw recordings.

The mix was finalised after several ping pongs on monitors and headphones, as far as I know/remember.

We are covering everything from our own pockets on limited budget, but still we are quite happy with the results, but still wanted to get some opinions as this is where many critical listeners are hanging out. :)

Yes. It is not a one to one quote but she consciously did it as a kind of joke/hommage.

Cheers

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #23 of 27
The mix was finalised after several ping pongs on monitors and headphones, as far as I know/remember.

Again, I'm no expert. But I think that's a pretty good way to go. Different technologies will reveal different strengths and weaknesses in a recording. So the more you can listen on, probably the better. Alot of people listen in their cars these days as well.

Some cars (ones I can't afford) have amaziing sound systems now. The bass is often deliberately boosted though in car audio systems to compensate for the low-frequency engine/road noise, and because the hip-hoppers like it. :)

I wish you and your wife much luck. Based on what I've heard so far, she does some nice stuff. I just noticed your other thread on this btw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back