Av710 No sound
Jun 24, 2005 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jimmysilvers

100+ Head-Fier
Hello

I have just installed a new av710. I first of all used the drivers on the cd and the card installed fine. But no sound is heard from any of the sockets.

I then tried the via drivers as suggested by a guide of the forums and I get an error message and the envy panel program will not load.

I have just tried the updated av710 drivers from the chaintech site, again they installed no problem, but again no sound output.

I am missing something ?

Cheers,

James

Jun 24, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 8
This is the error message I get with the 143d drivers:

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the suggestions, but tried those and still no joy.

I think I may have a faulty card, as I tried it in another computer and I have the exact same issues.

Cheers,

James

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 8
Sending the av710 back, got my self a audiophile 2496.
It works a charm
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 7:45 AM Post #6 of 8
I've had the same error. I use win98se, and for some reason can't get the Audio deck to control the optical output. Additionally, I can't get any of the analog outputs to work(and I've made doubly sure to disable digital out on my PC). I've used the drivers on the CD, which allow use of the Audio deck, but it doesn't do anything. With the drivers posted on the forums, I get the error message, meaning I can't use the Audio deck.
confused.gif
Abe

Jun 27, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #7 of 8
I hope you can find a solution to your problem. I too only seemed to be getting digital output. But I have nothing to test the output with.

But I grew too inpatient I am afraid and got another card.

Jun 27, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #8 of 8
I think I got that same type of error when I disabled Windows Audio in services. But it could have been unrealated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back