AV30's or 40's with polk audio series PSW10 subwoofer
May 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gr33nL34f

100+ Head-Fier
Would this be a decent setup for movies,music,gaming? i was thinking i could buy 1 thing at a time so the speakers first then the sub later. i also wanted to know should i get av30's or av40's? i can get the av30s pretty cheap $100 also theres a cheaper model of the av40's around $120 on amazon (they dont have the bass boost) will there be much difference in the inch larger driver? i wouldbt be to worried about the bass because id be getting a sub and im just really concerned about the mids/highs mostly. 

May 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Would this be a decent setup for movies,music,gaming? i was thinking i could buy 1 thing at a time so the speakers first then the sub later. i also wanted to know should i get av30's or av40's? i can get the av30s pretty cheap $100 also theres a cheaper model of the av40's around $120 on amazon (they dont have the bass boost) will there be much difference in the inch larger driver? i wouldbt be to worried about the bass because id be getting a sub and im just really concerned about the mids/highs mostly. 

I'm assuming your hooking this up to a computer.
But computer sound cards (built in or add-on) are not really designed to work with a separate sub-woofer and speaker setup.
Maybe just stick to a good 2.0 channel speaker setup.

May 26, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 3
Oh ok, well i noticed with studio monitors that they should be atleast 8 inches from the wall? thats kinda ridiculous when im using a computer desk does it really make a difference?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back