AV-710 ASIO/KS
Jun 18, 2004 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

moniker

New Head-Fier
foobar2000 & AV-710 using ASIO:

INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : open : 44100 Hz, LINEAR PCM, 24 bits, 2 channels
ERROR (foo_output_asio(dll)) : unsupported sample rate.

KS error:
ERROR (foo_out_ks) : KS output error: error opening device.

Device works with waveOut.

Simple as it gets I suppose, but I don't know how to resolve that. I'm doing no resampling, this is all defaults. Can anyone help?

Jun 18, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #2 of 9
I think if you're using high-res mode, you have to resample to 96000 hz before it'll work.

Jun 18, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by moniker
I had previously tried everything in that post but checking "Slow" on the resampling. With "Slow" checked it now works.

really? it doesn't make sense.. maybe something else changed..

Jun 18, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 9
I got the very same AISO error this morning, incidentally just after reading your post. Does this card or these drivers have a tendancy to alter themselves without any notice? I mean, one second it's working, then it's not. Right now I'm on kernel streaming, no resampling or dithering, on regular(not high) mode, and it's working fine. BTW, I've had several problems with turning my computer on and having the computer not even recognize the card. It was certainly not a problem with the last pci sound card in the same slot. 've checked that it's securely in the slot but it still happens on occasion. Any suggestions?

Jun 19, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #7 of 9
I kind of have the same problem. When I reboot, foobar would refuse to play anything unless I first either launch Audio Deck or switch the output mode to Direct Sound and playing something and then switching to KS.

Jun 20, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 9
The slow didn't fix it--Foobar had reverted to another soundcard.

Anyway I've gotten Kernel Streaming to work by installing newer drivers. I don't know what everyone has against them, but from a stability and ease-of-use perspective I think they're better.

Jun 20, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by moniker
The slow didn't fix it--Foobar had reverted to another soundcard.

Anyway I've gotten Kernel Streaming to work by installing newer drivers. I don't know what everyone has against them, but from a stability and ease-of-use perspective I think they're better.

Well that's funny because for me Foobar wouldn't play with Kernel Streaming enabled with the new drivers...once I installed the old ones it worked fine. Who knows
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back