Auzentech's iFuzen
Dec 23, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 19
This caught my attention back in October when it was still named as "Zingo". Really not much information on it except it uses JFET opamp, has two headphone out with different gain and features a touch panel volume control. Also not too sure on how the sound mode affects charging and synchronizing. It is priced lower than the Go-Dap though. Although the i.fuzen is sleeker looking but it is much easier to take out the iPhone on the Go-Dap.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 19
Only for iPhone?  =\
Tube-like sound?

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 19
I think they thought about it...
Here is what I found on their FAQs.

Question: The i.Fuzen HP-1 Headphone Amp LED white LED light changed from when I start the Headphone Amp.
Answer: The LED light will go to some kind of “sleep mode” when the “sound mode” function button or the volume up/down button are not in use for 3 seconds. Once you touch either of these buttons, the LED button with light up and you will be able to use the “sound mode” or “volume up/down” button.
Question: The volume up/down button or the sound mode button would not instantly function, but has an interval.
Answer: We have added this “sleep mode” function to avoid to accidently up/down the volume or change the sound mode. Your first touch to the volume up or down or to the sound mode function button will awaken the controls. 

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 19
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I figured it was better than starting a new one. I'm considering getting this. Has anyone gotten it, and can you give any feedback as to how it sounds. Thanks.

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 19
well I decided to give this a try after talking with a past member of head-fi. So I have one ordered and will post what I think after I get it in a week or two.

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 19
I have this in anticipation of getting an iPhone 4S.  I tried with my friends iPhone 4 and was literally shocked by the improvement given the price which included better resolution, clarity, bass control, dynamics.  I didn't spend all that much time with it but did try the GR07, CC51 (his) and 2 of my customs.  The GR07 and CC51 improved more in control but the additional resolution was readily apparent in my custom IEMs.

It is very light weight and not all that big, but I haven't used it on the go.  The negatives so far that I noticed is a slight amount of hiss with the JH16, but it isn't bad really and wouldn't stop me from using it, the volume control, and the headphone power on button.  The volume controls are very nice with touch buttons, matching the iPhone, but the step is on the larger side with my JH16 for my ultra quiet listening sessions.  But I guess I could use a different source at that time, or use the headphone out with an external amp.  And maybe I just don't know the best way to use it yet, but the amp didn't seem to power on before I had my music playing so the iPhone started playing music for a second before the amp turned on, but that could just be operator error.

All in all I am very impressed with the price/performance ratio!

Nov 5, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #10 of 19
OK I will not discusss sound other than to say it's good at this point. But I do want to warn people away from this unit at the moment. I and another friend both have one of these and we are both only getting 2-4 hours of use before the amp cuts out because the battery is too low. I am testing this more today with both iphone and amp fully charged to see if this is going to continue to happen. If this can not give me at least 1 full days use as an amp to match the full days use I get from the iPhone all by itself I will be sending it back, as I did not buy it to be a battery but an amp.

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #11 of 19
It seems there is a new version (new firmware?) that allows the i.Fuzen to use the amp out without charging the iPhone.  The one I have has been playing for 7 and a half hours straight to a triple driver custom IEM (Infinity X3) and still shows 3 bars of battery life.  Now, the i.Fuzen started to show it was charging the iPhone, but now it is not.  The iPhone is pretty efficient when just playing music so the combo should be able to last all day with IEMs.  I will have to test again with a dynamic driver IEM or one of my less sensitive custom IEMs to put more of a load on the i.Fuzen.

dweaver's friend will be receiving a new i.Fuzen that should work the same as mine, plus he was using the high gain output for IEMs, not the low gain output.  The left is low gain for IEMs and the right is high gain for high impedance and less sensitive portables.  Any updates on your end dweaver?

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #12 of 19
They have also offered to give me this new unit at as well. It sounds like this new unit will make this a very solid offering for iPhone 4 users.

I have not heard from Auzentech since the other night but suspect this is due to the weekend. I look forward to arranging the delivery of this new amp soon.

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #13 of 19
So where can I buy one of these? Been waiting for ages for Go-Dap 4 and it looks very bulky too.

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #14 of 19
You buy direct from their website. But I would confirm your getting the new version with updated firmware before buying or wait until it's ready if they are not shipping it yet.

Aside from the battery issue the sound from this amp is very very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back