Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G Sneak Peek!
Oct 19, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #16 of 21
I honestly, don`t understand why they keep building these amount of new cards,
is there any real difference between this and Forte or Prelude or anything else,

Basically its just a cmedia or a creative card, just as it was 10years ago,
It`s not GPU that you can evolute every 3 months, my 6 years EMU still sounds equal or better than every new card that pops up..
different market, you say.. really, is there such a demand?

However, in this case I have an idea, they`re just selling the famous X-Meridian name,
nice try, it reminds me the good Creative, that used to call every new card "Soundblaster", I don`t know if they still do it..

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #17 of 21

Quote:
However, in this case I have an idea, they`re just selling the famous X-Meridian name,
nice try, it reminds me the good Creative, that used to call every new card "Soundblaster", I don`t know if they still do it..

Well I don't think Creative are selling Soundblasters now... I think they stopped doing that quite some time ago, as far as I'm aware now they're sticking the „X-Fi” badge to every single product they have.

Anyway, I'm really eager to hear this card with my own ears, it looks good, has nice specs and has some big boots to fill. Loving the way how Auzentech chose not to do the card on the PCIex interface instead keeping the good old PCI for compatibility with older PCs.

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #18 of 21
The original X-Meridian 7.1 is a very famous soundcard and still considered to be one of the best cards made to date. Especially for straight HT work.  That would also be with some high grade opamps.  The card could sing with some great opamps!  I still have one and will be improving the circuitry on it very soon.

They may be using the name to some extent but, it is hard to judge the card without listening to it and I think they are aiming this card at a cheaper market.

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #20 of 21
Just got this card to free up a precious PCI-e slot in my cramped mobo. The 2G does not have a headphone amp.
Straight out of the box with the stock op amps, its sound is a little dry. Hope it will run in after a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back