Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G Sneak Peek!
Jul 23, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 21
Quick notes:

C-Media 8788 processor
4x AKM AK4396
TI TPA6111A2 Headphone amp section (Same as first gen)
Coaxial RCA and Optical SPDIF in/out
Swappable opamps (Stock: NE5532)

Thanks for the preview, Robscix!

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:
IIRC, the first generation didn't have a headphone amplifer.

Your welcome.

I thought so too, then another website said it had that same chip.

Ref: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t51308.html

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 21

Quote:
I thought so too, then another website said it had that same chip.

Ref: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t51308.html

I just had a look at the specification for the original XM, which I also did a sneak peak for way back in the day and you are right, they do have a can amp chip same as the 2G.
Been awhile since I looked at that card and many,many cards and sneak peeks have come out since then.   So in short, yes both card use the same headphone amplifier chip...

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:
hmmm... been thinking of moving to a prelude or essence, maybe i'll hold off another week and see what this guy is all about.

If it's for stereo audio, I'd probably still suggest the Essence ST.  This thing looks like it's built better for Home Theatre applications than audiophile quality stereo applications.  This is purely my opinion based on zero listening time with the Meridian 2G, though.

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:
If it's for stereo audio, I'd probably still suggest the Essence ST.  This thing looks like it's built better for Home Theatre applications than audiophile quality stereo applications.  This is purely my opinion based on zero listening time with the Meridian 2G, though.

Mostly for gaming, but music listening as well.

Oct 11, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #13 of 21
Anyone heard about this?

Rob, your preview said a release date of August- It's October now.  Also, It seems like Auzentech has a hard time delivering these days.  All of their cards on their site are on temporary backorder.  They just moved.  I am starting to wonder about their viability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back