Auzentech won't reply to my ticket - looking for advice
Dec 9, 2010 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Quakky

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have been trying to get a hold of Auzentech for the past couple of months (since the end of July). They have not emailed me or even replied to my tickets ( I made 2, one back in July, and one in November). I have also emailed them to try to get someone to reply to my tickets or to my email but have recieved nothing from them.

Does anyone know what I can do ? It's been 5 months and nothing coming from their end. I understand their soundcards come with at least a 1 year warranty, and my warranty is about to expire in February. I dont understand how Someone can RMA their card if you cannot communicate with them.

Please if anyone on here knows how to get a hold of them, it would be greatly appreciated if you shared that info.

Dec 10, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 26
I just started down this path (opened my ticket early A.M.) and I'm not hopeful that I'll have much luck, but I'll post if they do get back to me.  Meanwhile, time to go looking for a new card - and unless I get an answer soon, Auzen will be off the list.

(My mic channel is producing a constant buzz and rapid clicking, regardless of slot, system, drivers, etc.  I'm 100% sure it's hardware failure, and unlike the front 2 channels it's not like I can swap the opamp and hope for the best!)

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 26
Interesting. Awhile back my Auzentech Forte was becoming noisy, generating 'popping' and clicking noises randomly, and eventually all my music became muffled. I contacted Auzentech and about a week later they gave me an RMA and I sent it back in. They sent me a new one a few weeks later and it's still going strong. My warranty was expired too, so I wasn't even hoping for much help.

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 26
Dec 10, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 26
Ya well this is, as I concluded, A hardware issue - specifically overheating in what I was told to be a "power control circuit".

Can you do a quick test for me? if you have a compressed air can it will be very easy for you. make sure the compressed air can is in the upright position at all times.

I want you first to open up the windows recording program and record something and confirm that it's happening. Or even better if you can get it to recreate using some old speakers (instead of the expensive headphones) it would be better and easier.

Anyways, look here:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6498/layoutlarge.jpg

this picture above. You need to apply compressed air, or nice cool air with a fan to that area that is in a Yellow box. If you can aim it so that you are directly hitting the Red square area with air, the better. At the same time you need to record/listen to your speakers to see if the thumping sound goes away.

This shouldn't take you more than 1 min to do. I solved the issue that way but the card crapped out on me.

Hope to hear from you asap. 

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 26

Quote:
Interesting. Awhile back my Auzentech Forte was becoming noisy, generating 'popping' and clicking noises randomly, and eventually all my music became muffled. I contacted Auzentech and about a week later they gave me an RMA and I sent it back in. They sent me a new one a few weeks later and it's still going strong. My warranty was expired too, so I wasn't even hoping for much help.

How long was that? As of the past few months, it seems that things have changed a little bit for auzentech.

Here's what The BBB sent me today.

"[size=10pt]Mail sent to the company has been RETURNED TO SENDER.  We are not processing complaints on this business as we cannot get a hold of them, please provide any contact information you have on this business."[/size]

[size=10pt]They are talking about the California office of Auzentech. They seem to have packed their bags and left the continent. Their phone number is also disconnected.[/size]

[size=10pt]I provided them with all the emails I know of, as well as the numbers for Japan and Korea, but I doubt the bbb will do anything about it.[/size]

[size=10pt]Auzentech has a BBB score of F. There's really nothing else to say about it really other than "you are pretty lucky" lol.[/size]

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #8 of 26
I am the same boat and did not get any response from support through the website. I emailed RMA@auzentech.com and received a response a few days later with a RMA form. I just sent my card to them but I don't have high hopes of ever seeing it replaced, especially is the info posted above is correct.

Dec 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #9 of 26

Quote:
Ya well this is, as I concluded, A hardware issue - specifically overheating in what I was told to be a "power control circuit".

Can you do a quick test for me? if you have a compressed air can it will be very easy for you. make sure the compressed air can is in the upright position at all times.

It solved the issue - for 15 seconds - then the sound returned, slowly and then increasing in tempo.

Quote:
I am the same boat and did not get any response from support through the website. I emailed RMA@auzentech.com and received a response a few days later with a RMA form. I just sent my card to them but I don't have high hopes of ever seeing it replaced, especially is the info posted above is correct.

I contacted RMA@auzentech.com and received a response the same day.  How long ago did you send your card?

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #10 of 26

Quote:

Quote:

It solved the issue - for 15 seconds - then the sound returned, slowly and then increasing in tempo.

Quote:

I contacted RMA@auzentech.com and received a response the same day.  How long ago did you send your card?

That means IT IS A HARDWARE ISSUE. It's not damn drivers.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #11 of 26
Dude,
I'm fingers crossed for you that this works out.
I couldn't imagine auzentech just packing up shop.

Anyways, if you are interested, I've got a Prelude that I might sell off.
Shoot me an offer if you're interested ronsarlo at google mail dot com.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #12 of 26

Quote:
 That means IT IS A HARDWARE ISSUE. It's not damn drivers.

I know - and I'm not sure why you're emphasizing it to me.  Or, is this just residual emphasis from your frustration with the support experience?

Quote:
(My mic channel is producing a constant buzz and rapid clicking, regardless of slot, system, drivers, etc.  I'm 100% sure it's hardware failure, and unlike the front 2 channels it's not like I can swap the opamp and hope for the best!)

Even if support is failing, hopefully the RMA departments prompt response is a promising sign.  I'm going to send my card in tomorrow, and hope for the best.

@cbeckerstrand - did you get a response from RMA after sending your card in yet?

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #13 of 26
I sent my card off to them last week and have not heard anything yet. There is no doubt it was a hardware issue because I had the random noise even during POST. I already purchased a cheap Asus card (Xonar DG) and it sounds great so I will probably just sell the Forte if they ever replace it. Good luck!

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #14 of 26

Quote:

I know - and I'm not sure why you're emphasizing it to me.  Or, is this just residual emphasis from your frustration with the support experience?

That would be the latter :frowning2:. I am really frustrated with people telling me that it's my drivers. but then when I read your post, everyone who says drivers, I will just point them to your post :)

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 26
The chip at U9 - with the label S52A on it - is the culprit.  Cold air applied directly to this chip (~ 45° F) completely resolves the issue.

I'd be curious if any DIY/Chip Aware type people knew what component that was, exactly.  From Quakky's image;
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6498/layoutlarge.jpg
it's in the red box.  It has five solder points, three on the bottom and two on the top.  The bottom middle solder point looks slightly browned, whereas the other four look normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back