Auzentech won't reply to my ticket - looking for advice
Dec 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #16 of 26
that's exactly what I'm coming up with. Why are the solder at the bottem brownish in color? Why would a solder get brown in the first place?.

I got someone on the auzentech forum telling me "the components you have circled are part of the power circuitry that routes to the EMU20K processor, and can get fairly warm, as its not made on a recent process node and happens to run at 400mhz". I have No idea who he is. He's not the moderator, and he's not an Auzentech staff member.

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #17 of 26
I finally got a reply from my support ticket. In the email Auzentech said "The on-board PSU of your Forte is damaged, it will be repaired or replaced within warranty and also we will strengthen the power chip and peripherals for increased reliability." Sounds like they are aware of the issue.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #18 of 26
I got a reply on support ticket on the 17th as well, after I'd already gotten an RMA # from the RMA department - support confirmed that my card would be serviced and to proceed with the RMA.  Holiday shipping being what it is I'll be lucky if they get the card before next year, but if we're all getting responses that's a good sign that we'll be taken care of.

From what I've gathered from much googling, there were several power/grounding issues with the first few runs of the card - including a grounding issue for some that was solved by insulating the bracket from their case with electrical tape.  Hopefully our replacements are a more recent design that does not carry these problems.

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #19 of 26
Anyone get their RMA'd cards back yet?

I sent mine off last week and they should have received it Thursday (of last week). I sent an email to them on Monday to get a status update and haven't heard anything back from them. I sent them another email today saying I never received a response and would like a status update.

I must admit, their initial RMA response was quick (<2 days), but honestly, it should be way quicker.

I emailed Klipsch yesterday about an order I had in with them, because I never received a tracking number. I got a response in less than 2 hours from them. Thats how it should be...

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #20 of 26
My card was delivered to them on 12/29, I've sent 4 requests for status since, and I've heard nothing.

My discouragement is hitting a new all time high.

Edit:

I swear, complaining on Head-Fi has some kind of powerful magic imbued in it;

1. I sent my 4th follow up to Auzentech at 15:31 (previous dates of follow up were 1/8, 1/12, 1/24)
  2. I posted the above at 15:44
  3. I received a reply from Auzentech at 16:55;

Quote:
[size=11pt]We are sorry for the delay.[/size]
[size=11pt]We have scheduled to replace your RMA with a New Forte which will be arrived on Feb 4 ,2011.[/size]
[size=11pt]It will be ready to ship within 2-3days from its arrival.  Thanks.[/size]

Like I said - head-fi complaint magic.  At this point, I've gotten traction with their support closely after posting that I wasn't at each step of the process.  I'm inclined to suspect someone is watching these boards, but not their RMA inbox.

Regardless, I hope the rest of you got similar responses today.  I'll post when my new card arrives.

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #21 of 26
Didn't receive a reply. Happy to hear you got a response though.

Like I said, I sent them 2 emails. Heard nothing back from either, so I filed a ticket under "Urgent" status (like that would speed up the process - HA). I also tried calling the place (phone number found on here) but the person who answered said there was no one in the office.

If I dont get a response by tomorrow, I think its time to contact the BBB. They already have a BBB rating of F, so why wouldn't they want to hurt their reputation more?

If you are reading this Auzentech (and I hope to God you are), why make a great product and then tarnish your name with absolutely TERRIBLE customer service?!

edit: eneloquent, which email for them are you using? rma@auzentech.com or support@auzentech.com?

Feb 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #22 of 26
Well, since you got a response after emailing them, I sent them another email. Got a response back in about 15 minutes.

Guess you just have to hound them every day until they respond.

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #23 of 26
I finally got me replacement card back today after almost 2 months. It is a sealed retail box so it does not appear to be a referb. I will probably just sell it as this kind of support is ridiculous,

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #24 of 26
I finally got me replacement card back today after almost 2 months. It is a sealed retail box so it does not appear to be a referb. I will probably just sell it as this kind of support is ridiculous,

I just got mine back today, and I'm sharing your line of thinking about selling the card.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #25 of 26
Sorry to bump a several month old thread, but I am trying to revive my Forte right now. Did either of the above posters that RMAed the card look closely at the changes? Did they just send a new, stock, retail version, or did they actually make circuit edits? I'm wondering if I can get a replacement chip (S52A) and rework the board myself, or should I be making circuit revisions? I looked at the picture quoted above, and it looks like there are caps in the PSU circuitry.

Just trying to get a little more info, as I'm well out of warranty on mine... Maybe I'll e-mail them anyways...

Thanks!

Edit:

Looks like this might be the IC... any thoughts?

http://www.s-manuals.com/smd-files/pdf/l/lm2733_n.pdf

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #26 of 26
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?215460-Auzentech-Forte-7.1-thread&p=4862737&viewfull=1#post4862737
In case anyone is investigating... looks like there have been circuit edits in a newer version of the Forte... I ended up RMA-ing, we'll see what I get back....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back