Auzentech Forte Review at Xbitlabs
Sep 4, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #16 of 21
Great value at the time, when 3 years ago? The HD2 is not on PAR with either the STX or ST according to measurments.

Maybe you should listen to your own advice?
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the problem on the HD2 is that the PCB is very poorly shielded...

Quote:

the 0404USB/Audiophile USB are as good as it gets, the HD2 is lousy as hell....all that harmonic distortion is obviously due to poor design. funny that they boast about "120dB SNR" on their website, these are the DAC specs...not the card's! good thing they EOL this card
biggrin.gif

Yeah seems like a winner to me, according to your postings!
afrojojo.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

the Juli@ looks almost perfect! Envy24 DSP, EWDM ESI drivers...the only things that lack are the op-amps
evil_smiley.gif

they also used NJM4580...major fail

Dont judge those card by the opamp, they somehow dont use them,
as a matter of fact, they dont color the sound, just reproduce it,
so what, high end DAC dont even use opamps,

Just get one of those, and compare it to the Essence, cause I`m broke(be quiet`s cough..)

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #18 of 21
hah, yes I will judge a soundcard on 4580's...the Forte 7.1 is a major failure because of these
redface.gif

op-amps designs are cheap, and most op-amps are made of compromises...I don't think there's a "perfect" op-amp around, except maybe these crazy expensive Bursons.

indeed, good designs don't rely on op-amps....and smart DIY ppl avoid them like the plague.

Essence? been there, done that...the Prodigy HD2 should arrive next week
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

op-amps designs are cheap, and most op-amps are made of compromises...I don't think there's a "perfect" op-amp around, except maybe these crazy expensive Bursons.

indeed, good designs don't rely on op-amps....and smart DIY ppl avoid them like the plague.

How many short sighted assumptions can you make in a single post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back