Dared MP5
World Audio Design HD83
PA2v2

Potental sources for meet:
Original A8S CDP
Guzzler USB DAC
Firewire audiophile (whatever that is?)
Dared MP5
Zhalou DAC (depending on when the meet is.. coem told me they're getting them in soonish, so as soon as they do i'm SO buying one)

That's not a terrible collection of gear.

May 8, 2006 at 10:12 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
for location maybe we can use a room at uni if no one's house is suitable? I go to qut and they may let us use a room on a weekend.. or we could just show up and use it without asking..

Awesome, lets do it.

Bringing up my equip from Tweed Heads is going to be interesting
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Would anyone bring a CD player or turntable?

May 8, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #19 of 39
if someone's willing to volunteer a house then we could expand it to being a full meet and bring along some speakers and full sized amps..... but hauling that around uni is unlikely to work

May 8, 2006 at 10:30 AM Post #21 of 39
the timeframe matters a bit... if ppl are wanting to wait as long as august then i'll probably have horn speakers and 300b monoblocks with a tube preamp and zhalou dac

but that's a long time to wait!

if a compromise is needed then we could have an initial headphone meet at qut, and follow it up with a full hifi meet for both headphones and speakers, at someone's house..

i'll contact qut in the meantime and see how willing they are to lend us a room

May 8, 2006 at 11:18 AM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

i still dunno the store where i heard the AKG 501s.. but it's across the street from Dick Smith Electronics in the gabba..

Reg Mills Stereo 207 Logan Rd Buranda 4102 (07) 3391 5606

May 8, 2006 at 11:59 AM Post #23 of 39
Cool, sounds good Hugz, I'm looking forward to it.

Although I wont be bringing my ProAc DIY's for the speaker meet
wink.gif

EDIT: Friends want in, which will add AD700 and A900 and perhaps DTX900 and maybe 497's.

May 9, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Of course we wouldn't abuse your kind offer by asking for too many! Just the leatherhead and ms-pro will do
biggrin.gif

The L3000 is sold, unfortunately, but the MSPro I can do if nobody else has one to bring along.

May 9, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #26 of 39
I would be very interested in this, as i am looking at moving into the higher end of the low end so to speak as i have just purcahsed an amp. I could bring MS-1s and a Firestone Audio Cute Encore amp.

May 9, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #27 of 39
@Bex, it doesn't matter if you don't have anything to bring along! It's always useful to have a listen before you buy.

@Magicsun, I'd definitely be interested in hearing the Cute Encore.

This sounds like it could be pretty good fun. Hugz, are you leader by default now? When a venue is sorted everyone on the thread should be PM'd I reckon...

May 9, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #28 of 39
A good idea for everyone is to bring one or two favourite cd's along. Something you know really well so you'll be able to pick differences between systems easily.

I'll have all the shpongle albums ripped to flac as well as a selection of various other styles (some opeth, bits of industrial/hardcore techno etc)

May 9, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #29 of 39
i will bring round my screamo...lol

as i lay dying...etc.

we should host on the gold coast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back